All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Minlak

custom titis
Sooo ordered Sunday - Delivered today - So nice to be in a state where postage still works :)
And what's more for my first try at ordering from AliExpress - I paid $40 delivered for a $200 bracket you cant tell the difference from factory its perfect - I am concerned now I am going to start buying too much and get disssappointed when the junk arrives :)

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Bought these as my NX 11s derailleur just had those plastic pulley wheels sans actual ball bearings.

Thought I'd punch the centres out and press in these bearings. Worked out quite well.

AU $3.81 6%OFF | 5/10PCS Ball 626ZZ 6196mm Bearing 626zz626RS 626 2rs 6262RS for 3D Printers Parts Deep Groove Flanged Pulley Wheel

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Haven’t…but let us know. By the time you find the spoke length (unlikely the calculators online will have these) and pay for a build, you really aren’t saving a ton…but let us know how they go.
It’s for the commuter so doesn’t need top quality.

Looks like being ~$80 hub (rear), $45 rim (cheap Sunringle from euro), ~$50 spokes and nipples per wheel - so ~$175 for the rear plus $80 for build if I don’t do it myself.

You think I’m better off looking for a reasonable 2nd hand 142 xd wheelset that can be converted qr?

moorey

call me Mia
It’s for the commuter so doesn’t need top quality.

Looks like being ~$80 hub (rear), $45 rim (cheap Sunringle from euro), ~$50 spokes and nipples per wheel - so ~$175 for the rear plus $80 for build if I don’t do it myself.

You think I’m better off looking for a reasonable 2nd hand 142 xd wheelset that can be converted qr?
I do, personally…and being a commuter, I wouldn’t be that fussy.
How did you plan to find spoke length? Base it on a hub with similar flange?

What wheel size?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Hmmm, I thought I had a post earlier about hubs. But as it turns out I forgot to post about it.

I emailed this company about their ARC MT009 boost hubs. Basically confirming the aliexpress arc life store was affiliated with the website/company.

Ended up messaging the aliexpress store about spares availability (ratchet ring especially) and was told it cannot be replaced.

Ended up buying these though and so far no issues....

AU $115.78 58%OFF | DT SWISS 350 disc brake MTB bike hub straight pull hub sealed bearing Super light Six nails 28H/32H shaft BOOST 11015 14812

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I do, personally…and being a commuter, I wouldn’t be that fussy.
How did you plan to find spoke length? Base it on a hub with similar flange?

What wheel size?
Want to squeeze a 27.5 in the back with an xd cassette for more gear inches. Can do either 27.5 or 29 at the front.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone given hubs a go? I’m wanting an xd wheel to go a 9-42 ztto cassette and spotted these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.8.75d02b57AdmHGL
I've bought some Funn Fantoms. Great hubs, 102t ratchet, freehubs and spares available (same freehub and axle as Spank Hex and Nukeproof Horizon v2 hub). Funn website has full specs and dimensions.

AU $83.33 7%OFF | FUNN FANTOM 102T ...BICYCLE HUB https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO7Eq9u

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk