All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

moorey

call me Mia
Those that have bought ZTTO products on Ali.. thinking of getting a spare cheapo cassette. Is the ZTTO official store the way to go? There was also ZTTOBike and 100bike stores?
TIA.
Mine have been through the 100bike store.
I’m loving the 11sp 9-42 steel ones. Jury is out on the machined 9-46 11sp. Might just be the ENR that doesn’t like it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Mine have been through the 100bike store.
I’m loving the 11sp 9-42 steel ones. Jury is out on the machined 9-46 11sp. Might just be the ENR that doesn’t like it.
i just bought a 9-46 from the official store. Ordered a rainbow one by mistake and messaged to get it changed. They responded really quick and changed it. Anyway gonna give it a crack on my hardtail and see how I how go.

moorey

call me Mia
i just bought a 9-46 from the official store. Ordered a rainbow one by mistake and messaged to get it changed. They responded really quick and changed it. Anyway gonna give it a crack on my hardtail and see how I how go.
I wish I’d known. Cooda sent you mine to test. I’m going to try it on another bike and see it it behaves better. Downshift was particularly clunky and noisy….and a bit off putting. I always felt the need to nurse it more.
Hoping for an improvement on a different bike.

CHEWY

Eats Squid

Jpez

Down on the left!
I wish I’d known. Cooda sent you mine to test. I’m going to try it on another bike and see it it behaves better. Downshift was particularly clunky and noisy….and a bit off putting. I always felt the need to nurse it more.
Hoping for an improvement on a different bike.
Yeah it’ll be interesting. Maybe different set up might do the trick. also got a few different chains to try. Not overly fussed as it’s on my beater.

RealizE

Likes Bikes
My 9-46 11sp "ULT" is working fine. At the time, it was around $100.00 delivered.

I didn't give it a fighting chance as I slapped it on with a very used XX1 chain that had already out lasted a Hope cassette. After 500Ks it still looks brand new. Shifting feels much the same as a GX cassette.

moorey

call me Mia
My 9-46 11sp "ULT" is working fine. At the time, it was around $100.00 delivered.

I didn't give it a fighting chance as I slapped it on with a very used XX1 chain that had already out lasted a Hope cassette. After 500Ks it still looks brand new. Shifting feels much the same as a GX cassette.
Might check those out. The 9-46 lightweight ZTTO went on the Five for tonight’s ride. Still not the crispness or quietness I’d like. I don’t mind a weight penalty like on the steel 9-42.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It depends if they are made of al dente or overcooked spaghetti or decent material.

Try an industrial supplier for a one off or are you locked down and not able to travel around?
True, they might be a bit soft but only one way to find out.

It isn't a big deal and is probably in a dark corner of the shed. RS Components do carry these but the price and availability didn't make it exciting last time I checked.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So what is the consensus on a decent cassette then ?

I had this on my gravel bike https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/sunrace-csmx9x-11-speed-cassette in 11-42.
(Didnt come from MTBD, it came from a German establishment at probably half the price)

Missed the 0.75 chain swap and it went way over 1.0... so have cooked the cassette.

Any decent options before I look at an 11spd XT level ?

Cheers

Flow-Rider

Burner
Done a few kays on it now, doesn't seem to shift as well as the SLX.
Good for a back up or beater bike but think Ill stick to shimano next time.
Ztto might work for some but they take a lot of shortcuts where you end up with annoyances. I wouldn't bother with the important stuff after seeing how poor their tolerances are on their BB's, they might get better down the track.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So what is the consensus on a decent cassette then ?

I had this on my gravel bike https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/sunrace-csmx9x-11-speed-cassette in 11-42.
(Didnt come from MTBD, it came from a German establishment at probably half the price)

Missed the 0.75 chain swap and it went way over 1.0... so have cooked the cassette.

Any decent options before I look at an 11spd XT level ?

Cheers
Ztto are ok but not as good as Sunrace. But the SLR series are exceptionally light for the price. Haven't tried the other brands.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ztto are ok but not as good as Sunrace. But the SLR series are exceptionally light for the price. Haven't tried the other brands.
Might stick with what I know then.

That Sunrace cassette has been really good on my gravel bike, nice crisp shifts with the Shimano GRX derailleur. Will have a look about for similar Sunrace or XT 11 in 11-42 if I can find one.

Cheers

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Recently ordered 3 items from 3 separate sellers on the same day. All 3 items were somehow changed to combined shipping down the line and packed into one parcel.
Package arrived, 2 items inside, 3rd no where to be seen.
Can't open a dispute for undelivered item as it shows as delivered with the combined package.
Stitched up.