All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Emu1

Likes Bikes
That is flat out impressive! Obviously measures his power output in horsepower instead of watts?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
Not quite, he's a bit of a welterweight. He rides everyday, I put it down to metal fatigue on subpar material and too many hard landings. I had to cut the spindle to get the bb off and it was far too easy to cut through. That turned out to be a waste of time as the bb was cooked as well.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Serviced my forks and used the foam rings I bought. Realised I bought them a year ago :oops: Just a little slow. Installed nicely and forks didn’t catch fire on today’s ride. For the price super happy and a good way to freshen up your forks rather than buy a full seal/foam ring kit.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
A few recent aliexpress purchases of mine...

2 self-contained rockbros bike lights. A V6-800 model and V9m-1000, 800 and 1000lm claimed. To my untrained eye they look to be as claimed. Definitely brighter than the ebay specials I've had for a few years now. Might actually be able to see where I'm riding at night now. Will find out Thursday when out for a night ride.

How did these lights work out?

I assume one's for the bar and the other for your lid?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
How did these lights work out?

I assume one's for the bar and the other for your lid?
Yep, they have been pretty good. Last about 2.5-3hrs easily.

I would probably just get 2 of the 1000lm ones if I was to purchase again. Or one 1000lm and another newer one which is 1260lm.

HamboCairns

Yep, they have been pretty good. Last about 2.5-3hrs easily.

I would probably just get 2 of the 1000lm ones if I was to purchase again. Or one 1000lm and another newer one which is 1260lm.
So is one attached to your crash helmet? How is it attached if so?

HamboCairns

Yep, bar mount using clamp supplied with the light.

And helmet mount was a diy gopro setup, until I purchased the proper gopro mount for those lights.

For some reason I can't find the 1,260 lumen light you mentioned, is it in the RockBros official store?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well, first time for this. A big grey Australia Parcel Post bag arrived with what felt like numerous items in it. Posted in Australia by Aus Post :oops:

It had 4 different AliExpress items in it, all in their original Chi shipping bags which would have been delivered by my 'postie bike' postie to the letterbox usually.

Delivered in an AusPost bag by a parcel contractor.

ozzybmx

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Doing a tally of colours, order going in tonight for a few pairs.

EDIT: Another one of those stupid ads... buy 1 pair free. 2 Pairs $4 postage, 3 pairs $4.20, 4 pairs $4.40.

Ok, I'll buy them all as singles now.

Was free postage for 2 pairs a few weeks back.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

The set of the AliExpress CHIME ATAC 12 Ti pedals weighed in at 244g, which is 4g under the 248g weight on the TIME website for the Ti-12's.

They look the goods, everything is the same apart from the TIME logo, will keep you posted on the longevity.

Even the supplied set of cleats look like the real thing.

The real thing...

ozzybmx

Looks like they could be factory seconds/rejects?
Dont know what the story is with them.

I have a set of Carbon XC8's with a bent spindle so the idea was, if the pedal body failed in some way, I would swap the spindles to my XC8's as the spindle material is the only difference between the 8's and 12's.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Those that have bought ZTTO products on Ali.. thinking of getting a spare cheapo cassette. Is the ZTTO official store the way to go? There was also ZTTOBike and 100bike stores?
TIA.