All Mountain Tyres

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
You can run a SS Minion if you don't like the Schwalbe RR, virtually the same tyre.
Don't like that tyre either, not enough volume and squares up too much on 30mm rims = side knobs dragging = not that fast rolling. May as well run something burlier.

Think I am off semi-slicks in general now, will probably try something like a ground control next.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Any one tried the new Continentals ?

I remember the aggressiveness by alphabetical order, Argotal then Kryptotal, the Xynotal... forgetting the wet tyre Hydrotal.

Confusing names and a lot of combos available.

Will try them at some stage.

fddgfdgdfgs.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I remember the aggressiveness by alphabetical order, Argotal then Kryptotal, the Xynotal... forgetting the wet tyre Hydrotal.

View attachment 397560
What's in the coke at conti marketing meetings??
They all sound a bit like crappy pharmaceutical brand names, IMO

Wake Jake

Eats Squid

View attachment 397560
Tried the Kryptotal F&R and Xynotal in Enduro Soft. Also the Kryptotal F and Xynotal in Endurance.

Great wear from a 'soft' compound, predictable, durable and loads of grip. Favourite tyres at the moment. Currently on WTBs as Contis are sold out everywhere.

ozzybmx

What's in the coke at conti marketing meetings??
They all sound a bit like crappy pharmaceutical brand names, IMO
Maybe makes sense in German.

Strange shift from current tyre names like Trail king, Mountain king, Cross king, Speed king, Race king, then a couple of Der Kaiser, Der Baron thrown in.

Now notal's and totals :D

Favourite tyres at the moment. Currently on WTBs as Contis are sold out everywhere.
Just getting a BC bag ready to roll, they have them in stock.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Wild Enduro Front Gum-X in a 2.8? Would prefer a 2.6 but 650b versions seem to be pretty thin on the ground currently unless I want an e-bike version (don't).

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Wild Enduro Front Gum-X in a 2.8? Would prefer a 2.6 but 650b versions seem to be pretty thin on the ground currently unless I want an e-bike version (don't).
Quinn runs the 2.8 gum F/R (non eeb) on her eeb for enduro racing. Grip for miles.
I’ve been buying Mish off the Krauts these days. Too dear when available in aus.

moorey

call me Mia
If you find your mich tyres but shipping is exuberant, lemme know and might be able to split if they have 275 front gum 2.4’s. I’ve got them sitting in a few baskets, but places like BikeInn are charging $50 post on one tyre or $100 on 3. Zee Germans are much better if you’re buying a few. I bought 6 rear the other day, then fronts came into stock a few days later.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you find your mich tyres but shipping is exuberant, lemme know and might be able to split if they have 275 front gum 2.4’s. I’ve got them sitting in a few baskets, but places like BikeInn are charging $50 post on one tyre or $100 on 3. Zee Germans are much better if you’re buying a few. I bought 6 rear the other day, then fronts came into stock a few days later.
Looks like BikeInn only have rears in stock - anyone else worth checking?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I would consider jumping in too if you can find stock… split postage 3 ways?

moorey

call me Mia
ProBikeKit used to have them. Otherwise, maybe try Germans like bike discount, bike24, bike components de and the other usual Germans.

ozzybmx

I might leave it for now gentlemen. I’m thinking I might try the new offerings from conti but bikeinn don’t have stock on the casing/compound I’m after
Sparse in 29 DH casing and required compound, even 27.5.

DH supersoft would be great for raceday or a epic trip but be dammed if I'm scuffing around the local hills on a $130 supersoft rear Kryptotal.