Aldi bike stuff

driftking

Wheel size expert
Nope its identical. I had only bought the stand from aldi the day before seeing it in the other shops.
There are no internals or functioning parts other than what can be seen by the eye.

There are many products out there (not just bike stuff) that is bought from catalogues in china and then just branded to whatever you want.

The new fluid stand is now different, but also more expensive.
In that case I may have to check it out :)

Have a little faith, DK :love:
I will just not in aldi hahah.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Yeh I wouldn't recommend the aldi work stand. I've been using one for a while. Very cheaply made, the blue clamp blocks come out every time I try to clamp something in it.
And the head is so bad it rotates where it clamps to the top slider no matter how much you tighten the bolt.
So can't really hold an average weight bike by the seatpost without rotating forwards. Makes it annoying when taking off wheels or forks!
Just drill a hole and put a bolt through that end. Stops the rotational freedom. The other end of the slider still allows rotation so function is not affected at all.

jetlee

Likes Bikes
@ $35 i will definately be buying the aldi work stand. As long as it will allow me to clean the bike & chain easily its all i need. for anything more than that, TBSM is 2km down the road

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hit up Aldi this morning and picked up a bike carrier and stand. For the money both look pretty good and will suit my purposes just fine. Carrier is basic but strong, perfect for occasional use.

Would really appreciate it if someone posted a picture of the hole they drilled so the stand cans hold a bike with the seat post.

Had to be the fittest looking group of Aldi shoppers! Plenty of guys down picking up stands.

Cheers,

Coast

adr8

Squid
Would really appreciate it if someone posted a picture of the hole they drilled so the stand cans hold a bike with the seat post.
+1

Also got the bike stand, set it up, attached bike and works well would definitely recommend it.

woolybeast

Likes Dirt
Also picked one up this morning and for the occasional home workshop it's more than fine. They were just about all sold out at my store by 9am. Have already seen one for sale on gumtree for $60!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have the Aldi trainer?

I notice they are on special for $69 atm and Im looking to do a couple of days a week inside this winter instead of freezing my arse off.

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone have the Aldi trainer?

I notice they are on special for $69 atm and Im looking to do a couple of days a week inside this winter instead of freezing my arse off.
Wouldn't a few spoons full of cement be cheaper and more effective?

mapomatic

Likes Bikes
I bought one last time around that I'd be willing to let go for a six pack of coopers if you are in Sydney trailboy

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought one last time around that I'd be willing to let go for a six pack of coopers if you are in Sydney trailboy

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Appreciate the offer but not in Sydney unfortunately. Not sure if your offer points to the fact the trainer is crap or that you dont use it?

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Yes shouldnt be more than about $7 for a 20kg bag. At the above rates and with my requirements I would be broke within a week.....

Guessing not many have trainers, are they some sort of roadie tool?
I have a trainer, and yes, I am a roadie tool :)

Trainers are very, very efficient and effective in developing fitness if you have the discipline to use them properly.

I have not seen the aldi version, but all of the cheap trainers I have seen and used are shit. Inconsistent resistance, inadequate resistance, poor flywheel effect, unstable, short life span.

If you are going to do it, spend some money on something like a Kurt Kinetic.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a trainer, and yes, I am a roadie tool :)

Trainers are very, very efficient and effective in developing fitness if you have the discipline to use them properly.

I have not seen the aldi version, but all of the cheap trainers I have seen and used are shit. Inconsistent resistance, inadequate resistance, poor flywheel effect, unstable, short life span.

If you are going to do it, spend some money on something like a Kurt Kinetic.
Thanks for the reply - I figured it was to good to be true and that price was reflective of quality.

Its nice to know they are effective and efficent if you have the discipline to use them properly. I have 3 young children and besides the whole 'winter complaint' I am struggling to time manage over about 5 hours riding time a week. So I figure I can maximise these hours by doing some (3) high intensity sessions on a trainer (I have gone sourced some sufferfest videos) and with a longer ride on the trails once a week. I have been looking at the jet black fluid Z1 and a few others around the $300 mark. I have been told today that there is a Japenese brand that starts with M (minatiou I think) that make some pretty good basic ones, if I want to test the concept out before I commit. So I have some google research to do....

I only own one roadie and want the ability to not have a spare wheel or change a tyre, will I really need a specific trainer tyre?