After market dropper lever. Any suggestions?

birddog69

Likes Bikes
I have put a Brand X dropper post on my Chameleon. This is my third Brand X and they all work great. But they make terrible levers and the one that came with the new post is the worst. I am after a lever that easy to use since my thumbs have gotten a bit mangledduring ejections from my bike.. Also, hopefully durable.

beeb

beebenson
Wolftooth have both standard and "light-action" dropper levers. The light action ones are indeed lighter to actuate, but have a much longer throw (I have large hands, and it still felt weirdly long throw). I rate the quality, smooth actuation and the fact you can clamp the cable at the lever end. They are exxy though. I think PNW do standard ones that're similar but cheaper.

PJO

in me vL comy
Is your model the one with the cable stopper in the remote? If so, a front shifter hack is my weapon of choice.
Sadly no, Brand X have the cable stop in the post. So can't easily use a shifter.
I agree with you though, an old front shifter is great for a dropper remote, I'm using one for my KS and it is way smoother than some of the other dedicated dropper levers.

Litenbror

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sadly no, Brand X have the cable stop in the post. So can't easily use a shifter.
I agree with you though, an old front shifter is great for a dropper remote, I'm using one for my KS and it is way smoother than some of the other dedicated dropper levers.
Must be the new brand X my 2 old ones had the cable stop in the remote.

Isaakk

Likes Dirt
The ZTTO is actually a great dropper lever (being a WT knockoff), other than that PNW or Wolf Tooth are great, and the Shimano XTR one is surprisingly good if you have ISpec-EV brakes too. Plenty of options out there.

birddog69

Likes Bikes
Same, but am aware there are the others also.
Sorry @birddog69. Plenty of options out there, most aren’t cheap. All mine (KS/trans-brandX/xfusion) have nubbin in lever.
The first two had the stop in the remote. This one is in the post. I have been able to build this bike rather cheaply so I am willing to spend the $$ for a decent lever. I have I-Spec brakes so I will see if I can get a Shimano. Other wise, I will look for a Wolf Tooth as they are getting a lot of good reviews. Thanks all for the suggestions.

ozzybmx

Níl aon tóin tinn mar do thóin tinn féin
We have Wolftooth LA, PNW loam, OneUp, Trek, RaceFace, KS... and the ZTTO $26 dropper lever from AliExpress is as good as any of them.

Has a ball bearing inside and everything, same at the Wolftooth.

Zero style points and minus points for bling but an excellent lever at 1/4 of the price.

Haakon

just a slapper
ZTTO is a "light action" if comparing to its wolktooth twin.

Its great, no need to spend more.

birddog69

Likes Bikes

Scotty675

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have I spec ev I’ve got a couple of shimano, got a fox and crank brothers if of interest as well. If you want light I’d get a yep lever. Hit up off road bikes online, excellent service.