Advice for Bottlerocket build

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Back in action thanks to Astroboy, damn good work, cheap & super fast. Can't even recommend enough. Faced & chased and fixed my 'almost a major fk-up' like a legend. New BB installed and spins smooth as butter, shin destroyers installed. This weekend should be the final installs & tune and hoping to start riding, will try to grab some pics before I start getting it dirty and beat up haha. Ah and by the way for future reference of anyone building one of these, a 650b rear wheel with a 2.4" tire will definitely fit the rear no problem, you can see the chainstay room it has with a 26x2.35". If I ever destroy the stans 26" I might try a 27.5 in the rear and see how that goes

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just make sure the the doesn't run on the back of your seat tube.

Bike looks sick! Had it on the scales yet?

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Finally finished getting it together and doing a really basic tune. Can't wait to get it out of some dirt! Turned out pretty good and just still need to do the 3m clear wrap, chainstay and then the reaming/dropper.

As for how much it weighs, hmm not sure I don't have a scale but let's just say she feels "sturdy" hahaha Will weight it next time I'm around a scale

Attachments

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finally finished getting it together and doing a really basic tune. Can't wait to get it out of some dirt! Turned out pretty good and just still need to do the 3m clear wrap, chainstay and then the reaming/dropper.

As for how much it weighs, hmm not sure I don't have a scale but let's just say she feels "sturdy" hahaha Will weight it next time I'm around a scale
You need to upload this onto VitalMTB. Very "Bike of the day worthy" IMO - looks hot!

moorey

call me Mia

Mine weighed 17.5kg with coil shock, air Lyriks and XTish build. Not a featherweight bike, but no fucks given. Such a fun bike.

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Have you sorted your seatpost yet?
I'm interested to see how you go with the reamer.
It's next on my to-do list. I will probably do it this weekend. Wanted to get the bike together before I start ripping it apart again hahah

Mine weighed 17.5kg with coil shock, air Lyriks and XTish build. Not a featherweight bike, but no fucks given. Such a fun bike.
Absolutely, I can tell just from a short tuning rip around the neighborhood that it's going to be a manual machine and want to pop off of everything I can find.