Adjustable Seat Posts

herbman

Likes Dirt
Hi a question for the Nerf or other KS users.

Can you swap the the guts of a 30.9 150mm lev intengra into a 31.6 body and if so what would the cost be?

Brought a new frame and would like to keep the 150mm lev but different seat post sizes :(

Last edited:

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi a question for the Nerf or other KS users.

Can you swap the the guts of a 30.9 150mm lev intengra into a 31.6 body and if so what would the cost be?

Brought a new frame and would like to keep the 150mm lev but different seat post sizes :(
Shim???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have shimmed before, it was ok but not great.

And for the money we drop on these toys it seems a shame to dodgy fix like a shim when it could be better.
To answer your original question, if u look at the parts list the internals and piston are the same except on the 27.2 model. So I think you would just need a larger outer tube, not sure of cost.

I have a shim in my LEV and it works fine

herbman

Likes Dirt
To answer your original question, if u look at the parts list the internals and piston are the same except on the 27.2 model. So I think you would just need a larger outer tube, not sure of cost.

I have a shim in my LEV and it works fine

Cool thanks for the info. Will chase up pushies or what ever they are called now to see what the parts cost.

May end up shimming anyways as a stop gap.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Chase Link Sports instead ... Will save you some time.

if you can get the longest shim possible that increases the contact area and should hold better. That said, KS don't recommend shims. But like peeps have said ... it has worked.

but yep, presuming everything can be recycled ... It's just a matter of swapping out the mast. We've done a few of them.

we have a few 31.6/150 masts in stock ... Email or call as I can't recall pricing ... Apologies

moorey

call me Mia
Chase Link Sports instead ... Will save you some time.

if you can get the longest shim possible that increases the contact area and should hold better. That said, KS don't recommend shims. But like peeps have said ... it has worked.

but yep, presuming everything can be recycled ... It's just a matter of swapping out the mast. We've done a few of them.

we have a few 31.6/150 masts in stock ... Email or call as I can't recall pricing ... Apologies
Mast changes are ideal, yes, and I thank you for doing mine (may need another soon), but I have also used, and continue to use shims for years without issues.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've found them to be very good.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just fitted to the post to bike.

Will update with a pic soon.

Initial thoughts are.. the finish is good, slight rotational play as per all droppers. lever feels basic, with less refinement than other levers, its very quiet in operation..no audible thunk when raising. ..return speed on the slower side.. cable attachment is on collar, not mast head of post like previous KS, so cable management when lowered is not a issue.

All in all I paid $164 for it, so impressions are positive so far.

Last edited:

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just got a bike with a reverb and after many hours of forums/manuals/videos trying to figure out the servicing and then confronted with the service parts cost and tools that combined cost nearly as much as buying a whole new post, I quickly sold it off and kept my KS Lev instead. I have no idea why someone would even want to bleed a trigger.

Over 3-4 years my KS has been absolutely bulletproof, no problems, nearly no maintenance, no hassles.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I just got a bike with a reverb and after many hours of forums/manuals/videos trying to figure out the servicing and then confronted with the service parts cost and tools that combined cost nearly as much as buying a whole new post, I quickly sold it off and kept my KS Lev instead. I have no idea why someone would even want to bleed a trigger.

Over 3-4 years my KS has been absolutely bulletproof, no problems, nearly no maintenance, no hassles.
Don't know what the guff is about with reverbs. Such an easy single tool service...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have no idea why someone would even want to bleed a trigger.
Well... embarrassingly me

Set about shortening a remote hydraulic hose, watched the video, did one correct, no worries.

3-4 weeks later, doing the next one, ah yeah, I just unscrew this fitting... FAIL !

Poured the hydraulic oil contents out of the trigger onto the floor, so I quickly put it together again but the post wouldn't work. 3 bleeds later and still not working, I realised I needed to bleed the trigger... which worked, the trigger was full of air bubbles.

So if anyone has a reverb stuck in the up position and a regular bleed does not work... you might want to do a trigger bleed.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Had a B1 reverb for a year now. No issues. I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Although I wipe it clean upwards after every ride and never pick it up by the dropper/seat so who knows how much that helps.

I also say a prayer before every ride and have a rabbits foot, garlic and some holy relics around my neck.

ozzybmx

and never pick it up by the dropper/seat so who knows how much that helps.
My bikes all hang by the seats on carpeted "I" beams under my house, never had a problem with the Reverb on my Evil and its hung like that for a year or so.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
My bikes all hang by the seats on carpeted "I" beams under my house, never had a problem with the Reverb on my Evil and its hung like that for a year or so.
Ah awesome. My concern was more when the seat is all the way down. I've picked it up a few times by the seat when its slammed and it extends the post then retracts when I put it down. Got the feeling that it was a no-no. Plus a couple random forum posts ha.

Van Helsing rides Rockshox...always kinda pictured you as a Formula man.
Dead man walking

ozzybmx

Ah awesome. My concern was more when the seat is all the way down.
That's a different matter... I even shout at the kids for that... posts MUST BE at full extension before putting the bike away, or it's big trouble... coz I'm the clown who has to make it work again.