Accident at Old Mans Valley - Hornsby

MARKL

Eats Squid
Hi guys,
Last Sunday there was a very serious accident at Old Mans Valley / Hornsby Mountain Bike Trail. Kid was helicoptered out etc.

I have spoken to the dad of the kid that was injured. Police managed to get his bike and gear back to the family except for a school sports bag. I imagine the kid stashed the bag somewhere while he was riding.

If anyone comes across a 'Riverview' sports bag at OMV can they hand it in at Hornsby police station.

Cheers

MARKL

Eats Squid
My role in this is limited. I was one of the first riders on the scene and helped a little with the rescue The kid's dad contacted me to say thanks for what I did, as did the police. He mentioned the sports bag so I thought I would try and help by posting it here.

Channel 7 said the kid was critical in their report, that seems consistent with what I witnessed. In my conversations with the police and the dad they both said his condition has improved but I don't have detail beyond that.

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More info, looks like he will be off bike for 12 months
Thanks for the info. Yes I was the one who saw him first (i was in the full face helmet) and yelled out to the guys up top. Hope he pulls through alright. Was a very frightening experience.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Thanks for the info. Yes I was the one who saw him first (i was in the full face helmet) and yelled out to the guys up top. Hope he pulls through alright. Was a very frightening experience.
I was on the orange Intense.

Scary experience, one that I don't want to relive, by far the most serious bike accident I have been at.

MARKL

Eats Squid
When you start the main part of the trail on the lower side, the first board walk section he crashed in that - the one that dips down and comes back up. Kid was unconscious when found in the lower part of the board walk with injury to right side of his head/face. He was unconscious through the rescue, as above channel 7 described him as critical. From what his dad has said he is off the bike for 12 months to recover from his injuries.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Went riding at OMV this morning and I found the kid's bag. His dad is picking it up off me tomorrow.

Mugen, drop me a pm. I am certain the kid's dad would like the opportunity to thank you for everything you did.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Went riding at OMV this morning and I found the kid's bag. His dad is picking it up off me tomorrow.

Mugen, drop me a pm. I am certain the kid's dad would like the opportunity to thank you for everything you did.
Wow, thats great that you found the bag. Glad to hear the kid is on the mend.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Brow

Big Block
MTB friendly and helpful spirit alive and well. Well done to all involved from initial responders to police and rescue services.
I hope the kid pulls through ok and can get back to riding.
Well done you guys.

stirk

Burner

You bloody legend, props to you mate.

I hope the kid can get back on the bike again sooner than 12 months!

slowmick

38-39"
Big thank you Mugen and MarkL for being on the spot, willing to stop and having skills to help. One big happy family. Legends.

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Ah thanks Markl sorry I didn't see your post until now. I have just recieved a sms message from the father of the young man involved in the accident - he is well and good. Multiple fractures to his cheek, back of his skull, also to his back and neck which he has had operations for. Will be catching up with his father again soon for updates.