A question for the Prime crew

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know there's a few Prime owners on here (not sure whether the V3.2 or not) and it's difficult to find reviews elsewhere, so; how does the Prime go at climbing? I understand it won't be rocket ship up the climbs like a carbon-XC bike, but is it pretty efficient and gets you up in good time (legs dependent) or do you feel like you are just winching your way up to the top?

The Banshee loyalty deal has my dreaming of a solid 'do it all' bike that lets me ride everything with a smile. I don't ride crazy terrain, so ideally it would be getting up me up things like Red Hill, Lactic at YY, Harcourt (if it ever opens again), Derby and (hopefully) Rotorua without too much pain or feeling like I'm towing a caravan.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I know there's a few Prime owners on here (not sure whether the V3.2 or not) and it's difficult to find reviews elsewhere, so; how does the Prime go at climbing? I understand it won't be rocket ship up the climbs like a carbon-XC bike, but is it pretty efficient and gets you up in good time (legs dependent) or do you feel like you are just winching your way up to the top?

The Banshee loyalty deal has my dreaming of a solid 'do it all' bike that lets me ride everything with a smile. I don't ride crazy terrain, so ideally it would be getting up me up things like Red Hill, Lactic at YY, Harcourt (if it ever opens again), Derby and (hopefully) Rotorua without too much pain or feeling like I'm towing a caravan.
I'm not a climber by any stretch, but I find the Prime climbs really well. Got me to the top or my usual loop quicker than the ally hardtail I subbed it for. It's not light but it is efficient and due to the suspension design all the weight is low down which helps. Traction is good as well.
I'm on a Prime v3

What’s this Banshee loyalty deal you speak of?
Banshee Loyalty Program by BansheeRiders - Pinkbike

Rorschach

It's more like a pact. Once you have a Banshee, there's a seperate calculation to N+1 called Keith+1, where Keith equals the number of Banshees you currently own. The deal is you cannot de-Keith your quiver.

This is all covered in the Terms & Conditions when you sign up at Rotorburn.
As a Banshee owner, why would you want to de-Keith your quiver?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Banshees generally are quite stiff and climb well. They only really get pinged for weight. You just want to make sure you don't have an overdamped shock, otherwise descents can be jarring.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've owned a Prime V2 so it may not be entirely accurate for the V3 models but I found it climbed exceptionally well.

It taught me that light weight isn't everything and it got me pedalling up loads of things. If I ever failed, it wasn't because the suspension wasn't up to it.

That 25% deal is pretty good. If you're thinking of one it's a decent offer.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Banshees generally are quite stiff and climb well. They only really get pinged for weight. You just want to make sure you don't have an overdamped shock, otherwise descents can be jarring.
Yeah I find this. Good for climbing generally. But when I’ve got suspension setup for descending (faster rebound, more damping) it’s a bit bouncy and harsh on seated climbs.
The seat tube angle gets me over the front enough for most climbs.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
ususal bullshit last second stuff by me. (yeah, 25% deal ends tonight)
Are any Banshee dealers better to deal with than others?
I bought 2 frames from Defcon, the second one I got fucked around with by the dealer and had to get Banshee to lean on him, and that was just before Defcon went bust.
I think that's made me a bit stresshead about committing to another frame

Rorschach

Hey @ForkinGreat I replied to your PM, but other than some info not being passed on from Banshee about frame delays, Bike Collect here in Perth have been pretty solid to deal with. Still use them to service and work on my bikes