Saddle - WTB koda ti
Seatpost - One up 210
Brakes & Drivetrain - XT
Pedals - One up composite
Hubs - DT Swiss 240
Rims - Light bicycle AM927
Spokes / Nipples - Sampim race / brass
Tyres - Vitorria Syerra 2.4 & Mezcal 2.35

After spending 6 months sourcing discounted parts & tools from Aus, China, Germany, UK & the US, today it is finally finished. Nothing too exotic, just nice and reliable parts. Took it out for a short ride around the local trails and love it. Tons of grip, nice and light, climbs and pedals well. Gonna have to spend a bit of time dialling in the fork, but I have faith I’ll get there. Super happy with it, but lots to adjust to after riding a 26inch hardtail for the past 20 odd years.

Attachments

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome rig, if I was looking for a short travel bike this would be it for sure

Transition nailed the aesthetic on these bikes, they look perfect

Reactions: Moh

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Very nice ! Good build choices too. Mini enduro geo with XC speed.

I run the same Syerra front and switch between a Syerra rear normally and a Barzo for races, fast tyres with decent grip and well suited to the bike without making it in to something it was never meant to be.

Similar or equivalent spec to mine, must weigh in around mid 11kg ?

Reactions: Moh

Moh

Squid
Yep, lovely looking bikes.

Nice build you have there Ozzy. You have the colour that I ideally wanted, but having said that, the Black Powder is still really nice. Haven't weighted it yet, but on paper (or should I say excel) it should come in just over 12kg. I was aiming for under 12kg, but the fox fork actually weights quite a bit more than advertised :). It's still lighter than my hardtail, which I find crazy.

Have used Maxxis all my life, but thought I would give Vittoria a go as they were on sale and get good reviews. The Mezcal picked up a small scartch/cut in the side wall first ride that the sealant couldn't plug, so not a good first impression. Repaired it this morning and it's holding air again, so let's see how it goes this afternoon.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Looks sick! Still so dirty at Vittoria for changing their branding on the Syerras so they don’t match any of their other tyres ahah.