A Long Pole

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Pardon my ignorance, but are they related companies?
Yeah thats what I believe. Bunch of long time industry people that have set up those two companies and maybe others (not too sure). Hunt wheels are nothing amazing but they are just a good solid spec at a good price and the customer service is really strong.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thats what I believe. Bunch of long time industry people that have set up those two companies and maybe others (not too sure). Hunt wheels are nothing amazing but they are just a good solid spec at a good price and the customer service is really strong.
A mate of mine has them on a lovely TI hardtail. He went for them as they're solid and stout. 36 spoke rear, 32 front and at a decent price. He's certainly very happy with them.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Problem is they have deemed the frame A-OK so refund in their eyes is not valid. Going to FCA would not really result in much success I feel. They can only encourage Pole to follow consumer law if there's a case there. It would be a he said she said case. Finnish culture is that no one likes to make a fuss or upset others.
That is terrible news. I could never trust that frame again. I'd be on the Privateer for sure and push the FCA.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Problem is they have deemed the frame A-OK so refund in their eyes is not valid. Going to FCA would not really result in much success I feel. They can only encourage Pole to follow consumer law if there's a case there. It would be a he said she said case. Finnish culture is that no one likes to make a fuss or upset others.
The FCA can only ask, there isn't actually a consumer law protecting your purchase. At least that's what they told me.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
They had the P4 161's in stock. So ordered that about 3 weeks so not a bad turn around at all. It's the raw/brushed look. Probably just the lighting making it look whitish.
I have the Hunt TrailWides on my Banshee and can't fault them.
I just know it would be a total shit fight which I can't be bothered with. If/at first sign of further movement it goes straight back.
Just hoping they can make the new sleeves this week and send it off.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Update:
The shit fight with Leo continues. He accused me of blackmail yesterday. Very professional I know!
Still don't have the frame back yet. Leo and their CS got a blasting from myself about this. Still shambles there. Updated pivot sleeves were going to be included then they got delayed then not again. Told them to send it regardless and still didn't.
I have expressed many times that he still doesn't understand how and why his customers are so frustrated and fed up.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Health insurance up to date? Really hope it works and doesn’t implode on you. Maybe take it easy on some flow trails before going full gnar.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks unreal, although I'd refuse to ride it out of spite.
Would not do anything to promote that prick

Miguel75

Likes Dirt

Jpez

Down on the left!
What he said^^^^
Somebody asked me if my Raw GG megatrail was a Pole up at falls a few weeks ago.
I said “fuck no!” I was so stoked on the tech of these bikes. Saddened it’s gone this way.
You’re a braver man than me @Wake Jake

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Built back up with Silver Mezzers and TRP DHR Evos. 1x ride back with Leo still telling me things that just dont add up.
Taking bets on the timebomb on whether it blows at Thredbo/Bright after NY's or Tassie in Feb
1x ride in and rock strike gets the rear end
View attachment 370697View attachment 370698
View attachment 370699
That’s a hell of a rock strike. Looks like it’s pushed the tubing in a bit. Is it all still aligned ok with the wheel out.
Looks awesome though... hope it delivers for you after all this drama it’s caused

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
A bash up at rocky Maldon yesterday really gave it a pounding and put it to the test. It is still in one piece.

I do feel a bit like a kamikaze pilot but I that soon goes away once get up to speed. It still is once fast bike.

The rock strike has pushed the tubing in a bit but structurally is A-OK still.