30.9 or 31.6mm dropper post?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I'm lusting after a OneUP dropper post. it's probably going on the 31.6mm post Banshee phantom. I've got a KS lev on there at the moment, using a 30.9mm post and a shim. seems to work well - haven't had any issues so far.
If I get a new frame, what seems to be the most common post diameter?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
New frames are increasingly 31.6 or 34.9, but obviously you can’t shim down. I’d say if you’ve got a 31.6 frame currently it’s a safe bet going 31.6 on the post too even if you plan to upgrade at some point.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm lusting after a OneUP dropper post. it's probably going on the 31.6mm post Banshee phantom. I've got a KS lev on there at the moment, using a 30.9mm post and a shim. seems to work well - haven't had any issues so far.
If I get a new frame, what seems to be the most common post diameter?
Brand dependant. It used to be 80% 30.9, 15% 31.6, and a few 34.9 and 27.2.
More and more are going 31.6 now, and plenty of 34.9.
At least 30,9 gives shim option. Some people are aginnit, I’ve never had an issue.

edit. Pipped above.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Can swap with Fox too.

Go 31.6 - just about every frame I've seen recently has it except for XC nerd. Rumours are 34.9 will be next as apparently more girth = greater reliability for longer droppers.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
My V2 Rune is 30.9, so leaning toward a 30.9 post, and the older external LEV 30.9 from the Phantom could go on the gravel bike (paradox).
That was the original idea anyway. The other thought was getting a cheapo KS dropper with the crotch lever for the paradox. I did see one for $90ish on amazon, but they sold out.