NSW 26" 160mm Suspension Fork

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I think that Clockworked was referring to his discussion with Poodle regarding 1.5" forks, I enjoy a good hijacking so stay or go, whatever makes you comfortable.

Interesting, my hubs are not straight pull and the 20mm end caps are only one piece... i.e. without the other washer/spacer shown in your first photo. I'll send a quick email to SunRingle and see if they can advise.

moorey

call me Mia
I think that Clockworked was referring to his discussion with Poodle regarding 1.5" forks, I enjoy a good hijacking so stay or go, whatever makes you comfortable.

Interesting, my hubs are not straight pull and the 20mm end caps are only one piece... i.e. without the other washer/spacer shown in your first photo. I'll send a quick email to SunRingle and see if they can advise.
Oh right. I have poodoodle on ignore. Can’t see that he’s posted here.
I see. Yes, different again then. I run Hope aside from these 3 wheelsets on kids bikes, and aren’t sure which they are. Thought dirty flea, maybe jumping flea, maybe something else. Both straight pull are on Pro sets (black flag and charger). The j bend are on flag expert, one step lower spec.
The Sun guys are great, they’ll sort you out whatever you need.

moorey

call me Mia
Right. I’ll wager it’s the 20mm version of the white 15mm I have that can’t convert to 20 coz of bearings.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I don’t think so. Reckon a 15 adapter will slide in like hopes do.
Only if they made one, I would guess that if the Comps are marketed as a cheap OEM hub/wheelset then they may not have bothered with the tooling and inventory to make them convertible otherwise I would imagine that your hub would've just got the same bearings as mine just with a 15mm end cap, they look like the same hub shell.

moorey

call me Mia
Only if they made one, I would guess that if the Comps are marketed as a cheap OEM hub/wheelset then they may not have bothered with the tooling and inventory to make them convertible otherwise I would imagine that your hub would've just got the same bearings as mine just with a 15mm end cap, they look like the same hub shell.
Maybe. Does look the same.
Hopefully you get Eric at answer/Manitou/Sun/Hayes. He’s an utter champ.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've has sun hubs a few times - jumping flea and demon are memorable. The demon (both times) had end caps that just fell out each time the wheel was removed from the bike. They looked a lot like the end caps @cokeonspecialtwodollars has posted a pic of.

moorey

call me Mia
Unblocked to catch up with the conversation. I say you didn’t have, or didn’t fit the rings that press into the hub flange to lock adapter on.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Yeah my wheel is like your last pic @moorey with the white hub and red press-in adapters. Stuffed if I could get the right adapters for QR and yeah, the bearings are about 19mm internal so won't take a 20mm axle.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah my wheel is like your last pic @moorey with the white hub and red press-in adapters. Stuffed if I could get the right adapters for QR and yeah, the bearings are about 19mm internal so won't take a 20mm axle.
Sweet as. Hopefully if cokey wants to go 15, it’s s simpler matter. Thanks mate.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Part number for the SunRingle 15mm axle kit is ED2FCAP15, around 25 euros from a few online retailers. If I can line up this potential buyer then I'll pull the trigger on the adaptors and your forks Moorey.
Yeah my wheel is like your last pic moorey with the white hub and red press-in adapters. Stuffed if I could get the right adapters for QR and yeah, the bearings are about 19mm internal so won't take a 20mm axle.
Interestingly the ID of my bearings is ~19.9mm and axle ~19.3mm, I reckon that they'd all be able to fit a 20mm with the right adaptors.