20mm boost hub in early Marzocchi fork?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I posted this question on Pinkbike in the Marzocchi sub-category, and have yet to receive a response.
Does anyone here have both a 20mm boost hub, and an early Marzocchi 20mm axle fork with I.S. brake mounts?
You know, the ones that required the wide/thick brake adaptor. (Most Marzocchi's before ~2007)

Not that I have a boost 20mm hub to use,... But is Boost 20mm basically just something Marzocchi did years ago and the bike world forgot, only to re-invent the same thing, but in Post Mount this time?

ausdb

Being who he is
@frenchman has already answered your question but the font of knowledge for early Marzocchi stuff is the retro Marzocchi group on fakebook.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That hub photo is useful to elaborate on my question, but hasn't answered it.
Lots of older marzocchi's used this much thicker brake mount. ~5mm wider than others.
(Early 2000's Shiver, Z and dropoff series. Probably junior and super t's did too.)

Boost hub has the rotor mounts 5mm further out from centre.
These forks have the I.S. brake mounts ~5mm further out from centre.
The question really is; can a boost hub and a standard thickness adapter be used together on a Shiver. Etc
--> was boost 20mm already here 20 years ago on Marzocchi forks, and the hub/wheel market has taken this long to catch on

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
@Live2DieTrying i think the mount being 5mm out was more to do with it (the mounting position) being aligned with the centre of the lowers rather than being offset.
Boost was about spacing the hub flanges further apart rather than brake mounts.
Trial fitting with a boost wheel or finding someone that has done it would be the best bet. Don’t think you’ll get it here. It’s all about the endurbro and carbon. :eek:

Flow-Rider

Burner
It won't work because you can't space the brake adaptor out another 5mm and the rotor might foul on the leg too.

kip01

Likes Dirt
So I just tried this on a shiver and early boxxer and yes it does fit, only problem you may run into is disc bolts or rotor touching fork leg on some models

Flow-Rider

Burner
So I just tried this on a shiver and early boxxer and yes it does fit, only problem you may run into is disc bolts or rotor touching fork leg on some models
Does the rotor line up with the brake caliper, we know the axle is the same length.

safreek

Here is a stupid marzocchi idea, friggin fixed axle. Nothing to do with what you are asking but still fucken stupid
image000000 (15).jpg