2026 Commonwealth Games

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Most leading financial academics say a republic is a much more effective and efficient system than the current system of 2 party's of stupidity and corruption. Also we're a independent and financially wealthy country who needs no affiliation with Boris's damp little island.
Also take the Union Jack off the flag.
Republics still usually have a parliament of at least two parties of corrupt knuckleheads, so no difference there. The difference with a republic is that the Head of State, basically final decision-maker, is also popularly-elected, which brings the risk of any flippin' dingbat getting plonked in by bogans. Take USA as a case against rebublicanism.....!

Although in title the British monarch is our Head of State, in reality the monarch's representative in the form of Governor-General, appointed by parliament holds sway. So in effect our system fits somewhere in the middle.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
Most leading financial academics say a republic is a much more effective and efficient system than the current system of 2 party's of stupidity and corruption
As has already being mentioned republics run a two party system run, mostly by, a bunch of stupid corrupt assholes, America for instance and I could probably find other examples but i cbf.

Also take the Union Jack off the flag.
This seems to be the main complaint from people against the current system and we can change the flag without changing the system but there also needs to be a majority desire for it and i'm not sure if there is majority desire for it, especially considering knowing how corrupt the current lot are both alp and lnp side, it'd probably end up costing 200mil just for the flag design lol.