2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
One step better this weekend!! #1 So good and a very happy winner.

Needless to say very jealous but not as much as her two older brothers who got her started.
Does she give lessons to fat middle aged men. Asking for a friend.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mica

Likes Dirt
Does she give lessons to fat middle aged men. Asking for a friend.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Gave me and her old man a lesson about 4 years back in Rotorua on a 24 inch rigid. Trust me you wouldn't want one now, it was rough enough back then.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Not sure how many are aware, I certainly wasn't, to the points and scoring changes to EDR world cup this year. I had a listen to the Downtime Podcast with Katy Winton on the drive home yesterday and it does a good job of explaining how the new points system works.
Basically if you mess up a stage, get a mechanical , lose a bunch of time, you would have previously been out of the running and scoring minimal points at the end of the weekend. They've now made it so each individual stage scores points which contribute to the overall points. There is a lot more to it and for those who follow enduro I'd suggest giving it a listen as it changes the dynamic of it a bit.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Found a cheeky 15% off GCN+ if anyone’s interested

I was going to sign up this week to watch the XCO, so this is good timing... But tried it twice just now and says there is an error authenticating payment and to try again later...
Has it worked for anyone else?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I was going to sign up this week to watch the XCO, so this is good timing... But tried it twice just now and says there is an error authenticating payment and to try again later...
Has it worked for anyone else?
Worked for me last night.

Even watched about 20seconds of the tour of italy to test it out.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Watched the short track xc on the GCN app this morning, couldn't really tell if it's better than when redbull did it.

One thing I have noticed (haven't noticed) on the GCN app is that you can't favourite or "add to calendar" future events. All you can do is select MTB at the top and then scroll through. Definitely a feature on the redbull app that was useful.

cammas

Seamstress
Currently just started watching the men’s replay and they have Josh Carlson down in the pits doing interviews, course preview, etc and seems to be a good fit for the role, knows what he’s talking about. Will be interesting to see how he goes with the DH.