2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nope. Maybe to sponsors, as Spesh fanboys and frogs…but I don’t think the average punter likes to see hidden mechanical doping.
And anyone wanting a ride next year. You of all people should know that these guys have came from little kids riding to winning races, they want to win races period. Top of their game, best in the world.

All the hidden stuff is not mech doping, it's testing of suspension and electronics. Was this the bike after the actual run or only testing ?
I haven't had time to watch it yet.
Obviously all within UCI rules and nothing illegal.

As far as the average punter cruising down a hill for shitz and giggles, this thread is called WC DH and average Joe will not be riding secret blackbox prototype gear anyway.

moorey

call me Mia
And anyone wanting a ride next year. You of all people should know that these guys have came from little kids riding to winning races, they want to win races period. Top of their game, best in the world.

All the hidden stuff is not mech doping, it's testing of suspension and electronics. Was this the bike after the actual run or only testing ?
I haven't had time to watch it yet.
Obviously all within UCI rules and nothing illegal.

As far as the average punter cruising down a hill for shitz and giggles, this thread is called WC DH and average Joe will not be riding secret blackbox prototype gear anyway.
You’re just a shill for big wank.

moorey

call me Mia
Gboxx Honda was a massive favourite
Not with me.
Mainly with misty eyed boomers these days.

I’m not anti tech or development, nor do I think he’s doing anything wrong, I just think it’s a bad look with hidden secret technology.
YMMV.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Not with me.
Mainly with misty eyed boomers these days.

I’m not anti tech or development, nor do I think he’s doing anything wrong, I just think it’s a bad look with hidden secret technology.
YMMV.
As opposed to deluded space Boomers?because the youth have no idea it existed and if it did they’d love it no doubt.
Must be the leather on the seats of said bikes that’s ruffled your Faux Feathers!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Could just be a massive psyche out... The secret is there is no secret.
Maybe but it's pretty obvious there is some sort of remote control of the fork, so maybe Ohlins is preparing their version of flight control.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

dazz

Downhill Dazz
"hidden mechanical doping."
Yep, that's clearly what's going on here... :rolleyes:
You do you and let the suspension engineers do their thing. Ultimately we all benefit from this level of investment in R&D.

Competition drives improvement, that goes for the riders as well as the bike/drivetrain/suspension manufacturers.

Winning not important, secretive R&D frowned upon. You saying UCI should change WC events to a non competitive format?
What would you propose?
Perhaps turn it into a spec category, everyone on identical, "refined", single pivot filing cabinets, Shimano group-set, and RS suspenders. All the bikes collected at the end of the weekend to prevent any mechanical doping between rounds (why bother if it's not about winning). Forget the timing, detracts from the riding. Event sponsors only, individual sponsorship would promote competition between riders.

Until the majority of humanity decides otherwise, competition will remain the #1 drawcard.
It's what brings out the best, and worst, in us.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Maybe but it's pretty obvious there is some sort of remote control of the fork, so maybe Ohlins is preparing their version of flight control.

What you looking at that makes you think that? All I see is a heap of data acquisition of suspension movement.

YMMV.
I like the hidden tech, obviously because I'm an engineering nerd. I think there's a good portion of MTB'ers out there who are somewhat tech minded who would agree. If a new bit of tech gives an edge that no-one else can get near then the UCI would snuff it out pretty quickly I'd imagine. I see the WC as a platform that encourages the dick swinging contest between the equipment suppliers. Ultimately, average joe punter benefits as that tech and development is then applied to mainstream product.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What you looking at that makes you think that? All I see is a heap of data acquisition of suspension movement.
The black plastic cap where the damper controls should be at the top of the right leg. Looks like it could be housing a servo of some sort. The top of the left leg looks normal.

There are also a lot of buttons on the LHS of the bars which suggest remote suspension controls.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
What about the size of the swingarm! The electronics for Bruni have been around for a bit - think he won worlds with a covered shock and some buttons.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Can't believe we're up to EDR practice day and there hasn't been a single post from @moorey about how Vali is racing and is going to dominate the competition just you wait she's going to show those Frenchies a thing or two you'll see.