2022 World Cup Downhill discussion

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Was chatting to my son on the way to his day release class, he says 'LEZ GETZ' this weekend.

I then pronounce it in my best French-Irish accent 'LEY Z-YET' and tell him thats the correct pronunciation.

He sasy Rob Warner says 'LEZ GETZ'

Hmmmm.... Rob Warner says :p

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Was chatting to my son on the way to his day release class, he says 'LEZ GETZ' this weekend.

I then pronounce it in my best French-Irish accent 'LEY Z-YET' and tell him thats the correct pronunciation.

He sasy Rob Warner says 'LEZ GETZ'

Hmmmm.... Rob Warner says :p

I like it when the go to Lourdes and there’s a mishmash of:

Lords
Lord
Loo-rd
Loo-rds

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So, i checked my Foxtel TV guide and the World Champs are televised live on Fox Sports from 9pm Saturday night. I dunno about Sunday, couldn't care less about the XC but yeah, it's on Foxtel. ;)
Who's commentating? Is it just the redbull stream?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Nah, it won't be the Red Bull coverage. It'll be some wanker that commentated a road race once and will use all the cliche crap puns about downhill. I'll be watching it on mute and making my own commentary.
Why not VPN it and watch Redbull?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
for those not familiar or have not used VPN services before, what and how would you recommend we go about this?
I use proton vpn. Can download from Play/App store.

It's free (you can pay for a larger variety of vpn locations), I just use the free version, select one of the vpn locations, it connects and then you open the live stream app and watch. You have to be logged out of the redbull streaming app if you have an account as it seems knows your location and the vpn won't work.

cammas

Seamstress
So, i checked my Foxtel TV guide and the World Champs are televised live on Fox Sports from 9pm Saturday night. I dunno about Sunday, couldn't care less about the XC but yeah, it's on Foxtel. ;)
Sweet I can lay in bed and use my daughters login with the Foxtel app on the Tele

nathanm

Eats Squid

It's free (you can pay for a larger variety of vpn locations), I just use the free version, select one of the vpn locations, it connects and then you open the live stream app and watch. You have to be logged out of the redbull streaming app if you have an account as it seems knows your location and the vpn won't work.
Appreciate it

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll be going for HK or Mexico. They seem to be the best options with my VPN in terms of shortest undersea cable route.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Why not VPN it and watch Redbull?
Nah, Foxtel costs me enough to use so I'll make the most of it. I also couldn't be bothered with a VPN and the subsequent spam that will sink my phone battery.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Hmm I am definitely no expert but I had a look at Proton VPN and the 3 free locations listed (US, Netherlands and Japan) are all geo-blocked I think. Is that correct?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Hmm I am definitely no expert but I had a look at Proton VPN and the 3 free locations listed (US, Netherlands and Japan) are all geo-blocked I think. Is that correct?
Yeah I see what you are saying. On the list (of countries that can stream it) @beeb linked to earlier Japan, US and Netherlands aren't there.

Not sure what is going on with the redbull app but I'm logged in and this is what comes up when I go to the Les Gets World's page...

As apposed to last years replay page...

And that is without the vpn on

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

Looks like I'll be checking out the wonderful world of VPNs this weekend.

Does anyone know what time/date it's actually on? Be nice if they'd mention that literally anywhere.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Discovery are WB, not Disney. The same crew who are in charge of the DC movies, so I'm sure everything will be just fine HAHAHAHAHAHAHA we're fucked.
I had this not quite right. Discovery have recently bought Warner/HBO (not the other way around, like I thought). Which they are now in the process of completely burning to the ground, it looks like. So that's reassuring.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Local live stream, likely talked over by a couple of road flogs