2022 World Cup Downhill discussion

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Rob needs to put the bong down. Just I inside elite top 20, which is still an insanely good time (and pipped big bro). Physically, he makes Troy look like The Rock. Both the MS boys a pretty compact, but Fark they can ride. I wish Luke would focus on EWS, but the lad loves the DH.
To be fair, it was a true statement at the time. Kade Edwards was in the hot seat at the time so there was still a lot of fast riders to come down.

Either way, the juniors seem pretty close to elite me these days so the step up won't be too hard

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
To be fair, it was a true statement at the time. Kade Edwards was in the hot seat at the time so there was still a lot of fast riders to come down.

Either way, the juniors seem pretty close to elite me these days so the step up won't be too hard
Jackson Goldstone looks like he's going to run away with juniors again. He could become the next GOAT if he keeps this up.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Jackson Goldstone looks like he's going to run away with juniors again. He could become the next GOAT if he keeps this up.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Been a couple of dominant juniors in recent years that just couldn’t translate it into elite. Reckon he’s got the good though.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I hope Thibault starts hanging on for full runs soon, he is amazing to watch
He came 59th, hard to keep a half million man in if he's not scoring podium points.

Might have to chop him for round 2 :rolleyes:

moorey

call me Mia
He came 59th, hard to keep a half million man in if he's not scoring podium points.

Might have to chop him for round 2 :rolleyes:
Yoink. You’ve just guaranteed him a win.
Going to be hard to bet against Minnaar at Fort Bill if he’s feeling fit.

ozzybmx

Yoink. You’ve just guaranteed him a win.
Going to be hard to bet against Minnaar at Fort Bill if he’s feeling fit.
Yeah no doubt, a win is a cert as soon as I swap him.
Standing on top spot for 50% of the season with 250pts and crashed out the other 50% on zero points is still not a good choice :(

ozzybmx

As did I, of course.
Women seemed further off the mens pace than usual…or am I imagining it? They looked bloody fast down the hill, but times are way off.
I watched a bit of it at work last night, only caught the end of the mens and had a quick flick through the womans replay. Didnt see the times.

Did notice when they said Amaury was 'sick' last week that there wasn't a face mask to be seen, currently France is averaging 120,000 cases a day, looks like the pandemic is well and truly over in Europe.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Rob needs to put the bong down. Just I inside elite top 20, which is still an insanely good time (and pipped big bro). Physically, he makes Troy look like The Rock. Both the MS boys a pretty compact, but Fark they can ride. I wish Luke would focus on EWS, but the lad loves the DH.
I’m glad he rides DH. Be disappointed if he didn’t. It’s the F1 of cycling said Clay once. And I’ve got no time for XC.
Watching the top10 DH racers is mind blowing these days.
Track was great and crowd amazing.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m glad he rides DH. Be disappointed if he didn’t. It’s the F1 of cycling said Clay once. And I’ve got no time for XC.
Watching the top10 DH racers is mind blowing these days.
Track was great and crowd amazing.
For sure. Last year though, he had u21 EWS overall in the bag until he ducked over to a DH round and broke himself. Still got 3rd overall, missing a chunk of rounds. I love that racing DH we get to see him and Remy more. Both lads kill it wherever they ride.

ausdb

Being who he is
This probably belongs in the stupid questions thread or could also be considered to be a confession, I admit / confess I've never really paid much attention to DH racing but been watching it a bit lately and was wondering about a couple of things.
Is Lourdes a more difficult / technical track than normal?
Do they ever do any remediation of the tracks after an event?

ozzybmx

Do they ever do any remediation of the tracks after an event?
It would be the local trail maintenance crew doing it if there was.
There would certainly be work before holding the event which usually becomes obvious when corners get blown out and soft dirt appears from the deep ruts that were filled in.

I would guess the bunting gets pulled down and a quick tidy would be all that most get after a big event.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Is Lourdes a more difficult / technical track than normal?
This is a question I find interesting (especially with a lot of the courses that have found their way onto the DH circuit).

Lourdes would definitely be classed as one of the more technical tracks these days IMO.

Not that I'd be able to ride it (or any of the other "less" technical courses).

2007 Champery comes to mind for me as a extremely steep/technical track especially considering how much faster Hill's qualifying time was compared to everyone else. And everyone rode qualis in the dry.

Val Di Sole, Maribor another 2 I guess