2021 World Cup Downhill discussion

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Would be interesting to put the best splits from the top 3 together to see what time was possible on that track, I mean Troy was nearly 2 secs down before the trees! (As Claudio diligently pointed out, even after Troy had won...)

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Both the frenchies went boom or bust through the trees. Coin toss whether it works or not.

Troy just looked smooth and controlled and creamed the whole field.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
He wasn't 6 seconds ahead of the field in the race though, so clearly he's lost a lot of form overnight. Call this guy the most consistent DH racer? pfft.
Troys Quali was a 3:34:139 and his winning race run was 3:26:019. Thats 8 Seconds quicker than his 6 second quicker quali run... and it was by no means a perfect run. What am I trying to say? I cant remember.

Edit: Had a Coffee, It was something about the faster you go there harder it is to go faster...

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Would be interesting to put the best splits from the top 3 together to see what time was possible on that track, I mean Troy was nearly 2 secs down before the trees! (As Claudio diligently pointed out, even after Troy had won...)
There’s a stat on that. BRB..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Amateurs. You gotta train and condition for these events.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Hardly an amateur, I'm a veteran of the scene.

But, I'm not going to stand here and argue that I'm proud of this result - at the end of the day it's a DNF no matter how you look at it. This clearly wasn't the performance that we were hoping for. But in saying that, we're keeping things in perspective and remaining realistic. I sat out last season, taking the impact of the pandemic as an opportunity to focus on self and family. I'm in the rebuild phase now and am not expecting big things right out of the gate. So, we're going to approach this season as a team, there's as many positives to focus on here as there are negatives. We do expect a better performance next round and the team is right behind me in getting be as well prepared for that race as possible. We're truly optimistic for great things this season!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thibault took Split 1 and 2, Troy split 3 and 5, Amaury split 4.

Fastest time: 3:23.306 v. Troy's 3:26.019

moorey

call me Mia
Woke up with a migraine and couldn’t ride this morning. I haven’t had one in 12 months. I seriously reckon but was the stress and excitement of the race.
I was genuinely surprised Claudio didn’t try to spin a ‘Troy had better track conditions’ line.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Troy needs to eat some donuts, skinny boy barely moves on the straights.