2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I can only echo most of what the others have said apart from the day at Queenstown. The only reason for that was my destroyed crank stopped me on stage 2 so I missed Natural Selection but mostly everyone I spoke to loved that trail although it could have been from relief as it was supposed to be damn steep. Steeper than Maydena some reckoned so it must have been a cliff :p

Quite a well organised event, just lacking a little in food quantity and decent coffee. Miguel the catering dude at Derby was not happy at all when @Jpez asked for a second slice of meat! The funniest part was when Miguel looked overcome with guilt after almost throwing an extra piece on his plate in disgust then realising he was taking out his failed portion control out on us :D

The weather was something we nailed perfectly I reckon. Maydena in the dry! I think that helped minimise the carnage somewhat. Rain overnight helped Queenstown grip up and we didn't freeze our balls off. Derby was low 20's with a light breeze and picture perfect. Couldn't really ask for more.

Bruises I ignored during the race have now turned some good shades of black and blue. Each one I can recall exactly when and where I crashed....good times. Left hip/buttock is the best one but you'll have to take my word for that as I'm not challenging Moorey....

My little bike survived well. The smashpot with its HBO was a godsend on the longer stages, really took the sting out of the front end as I was ever so slightly undersprung and the steeps were eager to eat into the travel. The shock did well for 4 days racing but on the 5th it had had enough and the damper was aerated. I thought I had too much rear psi and that's why I kept sliding the rear but it was the shock.

220mm front rotors rock!

Loved it all. Some of the riding was challenging for sure, even more so trying to go fast on blind trails. Dropping into a Pro line at Maydena.....never would have thought that would have happened but we all made it eventually lol. Great to put a face to the names we see here, good to meet you all. Apparently I was a 20 something year old chubby Asian nerdy bloke who liked buying things :D that was a cracker lol.

Until next year.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I don’t rate the Long Spur and the North Owen Descent that much, just not my cup of tea.
The Waterfall trail on the other hand is an awesome trail, the stonework up the top is amazing and it’s a real blast the rest of the way down.

Stredda

The weather was something we nailed perfectly I reckon. Maydena in the dry! I think that helped minimise the carnage somewhat. Rain overnight helped Queenstown grip up and we didn't freeze our balls off. Derby was low 20's with a light breeze and picture perfect. Couldn't really ask for more.
Yes, you guys certainly nailed it with the weather.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We were there for 3 days, rode Sheffield, Latrobe and Railton. Bloody nice trails and sensational amenities. Toilets, showers, shelter, water, tools, bikewash and carparking.

Green Hornet, Super Hornet, Ewoks, Shredwater Creek ect...

Caught up with the trailbuilder for a couple of nights on the beers too.

George Town is also worth a visit though the carwash has been OOS for months and there is no bikewash in town, stage 2 will look after this.

Stredda

We spent a week based at Turners Beach last November riding all over up your way. But we didn't get to the trails south of Latrobe. Our excuse. Too many trails in the North West!
Ha ha, first world problems. I'm having trouble ticking off all the new trails around the state. I still haven't ridden any of the Bay of Fires trail, but in a month or so when it cools down a bit I'll nail that one.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
I'm am literally dumbfounded at all the Queenstown love.

My whole review on QT could be summed up as... It had an awesome view :oops:
I really enjoyed our 3 days there back in Nov. The town is pretty unique and in a spectacular setting. It's a harsh environment to build trails but they've done a great job. Unfortunately Waterfall and NS weren't yet open when we were there so I can't comment on them but Waterfall looked killer from the road.
There's no hero dirt that's for sure but I loved riding something so different to anywhere else I've ridden before even if I spent most of my time searching for grip on loose gravel and in fear of loosing bowel control.
I found the locals friendly and interested in the fact that we had come solely to ride the new trails, certainly a different demographic to their normal train loving tourists.

Stredda

I really enjoyed our 3 days there back in Nov. The town is pretty unique and in a spectacular setting. It's a harsh environment to build trails but they've done a great job. Unfortunately Waterfall and NS weren't yet open when we were there so I can't comment on them but Waterfall looked killer from the road.
There's no hero dirt that's for sure but I loved riding something so different to anywhere else I've ridden before even if I spent most of my time searching for grip on loose gravel and in fear of loosing bowel control.
I found the locals friendly and interested in the fact that we had come solely to ride the new trails, certainly a different demographic to their normal train loving tourists.
One of the shuttle drivers during the Tas Gravity race was over heard saying to the other driver that we all fitted the stereotype. What stereotype that is I'm not real sure. hmm

rstim

Likes Dirt
One of the shuttle drivers during the Tas Gravity race was over heard saying to the other driver that we all fitted the stereotype. What stereotype that is I'm not real sure. hmm
I feared for my life in a shuttle there last week, lady had only just learnt to drive an automatic and pulled it out of gear we started rolling backwards down the hill almost into the car following us. Then she almost backed our bikes info a steel pole was glad to get out of that vehicle at the top of the hill.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Stredda

I feared for my life in a shuttle there last week, lady had only just learnt to drive an automatic and pulled it out of gear we started rolling backwards down the hill almost into the car following us. Then she almost backed our bikes info a steel pole was glad to get out of that vehicle at the top of the hill.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
And I thought it was more difficult going from an automatic to a manual, maybe I was wrong lol

cammas

Seamstress
I seen this about Queenstown when surfing YouTube last week hopefully the wombles at Warburton don’t see this one

Stredda

I seen this about Queenstown when surfing YouTube last week hopefully the wombles at Warburton don’t see this one
The local doctor was predicting that the Queenstown medical centre would be swamped with MTB injuries and this hasn't panned out. There was a broken hip just a few weeks ago, but that's about it apart from a few grazes and bruises with 8 months of operation.
Hopefully this continues and injuries are few an far between.