2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

rstim

Likes Dirt
I’ve never seen it in the flesh. I also expect to walk it.
Bike packed up. Let’s rock.
View attachment 385304
I'm sure you'll be able to ride most of it, it is a fun trail even it I run down the chute each time I ride it. One day I'll pluck the courage up maybe.
Getting excited now will be good to put names to faces from here.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Are going down early?

Or you have another bike to ride this week?

In contrast, I've changed the suspension 3 times in the last 3 days, changed tyres twice, will be changing bars and stem in the coming days too....and the forks may get changed once more for good measure :D

I thought about taking it easy and reducing riding (especially the gnarly trails) this week but my mental health would suffer so I'm just carrying on regardless until I fly down in a week.
Not going early. I’ll only ride a little this week, mainly light rolls on the spitfire. Done the hard yards for the last 18 months, and really ramped it up in the lead up. Bit of recovery time and I’m sweet.
I also use riding for mental health, but body needs a quick break.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’ve never seen it in the flesh. I also expect to walk it.
it is a fun trail even it I run down the chute each time I ride it.
Its a bloody pain to walk down, takes a bit of time too. I did it twice on the 2018 visit, on the last 2 visits I haven't been able to push the bollox down far enough.

If the run out was a bit nicer, rather than a drop and corner, I reckon it wouldn't be so bad.

You might not have seen this before ;) (might only be the 4th time I've posted it here)

First go I was too slow, it was sketchy as faakkk and back brake was at the bars.

A new set of pads and back after lunch for another go.... but left elbow pads in the car.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Its a bloody pain to walk down, takes a bit of time too. I did it twice on the 2018 visit, on the last 2 visits I haven't been able to push the bollox down far enough.

If the run out was a bit nicer, rather than a drop and corner, I reckon it wouldn't be so bad.

You might not have seen this before ;) (might only be the 4th time I've posted it here)

First go I was too slow, it was sketchy as faakkk and back brake was at the bars.

A new set of pads and back after lunch for another go.... but left elbow pads in the car.

View attachment 385311

View attachment 385310
Looks like a recipe for disaster riding blind. I'm crapping myself...

ozzybmx

If you want to pedal up twice lol
For Detonate, it might be worth it, there's no fast way down the chute without damaging a bike or gear... unless you ride it.

Not sure if yous do Shearpin but that 'S' corner is a quick bail and run.

Trouty ??? Just send it, reckon I did it about 6 times on the x-mas visit, its had a lot of work filling in the eroded parts with local rock and a brought in soil mixture, which had baby-head rocks and made a treacherous path on a few of the features.

This is the only picture I took, they have dumbed it down to what it was like originally.

Sounds like locals have a massive advantage here.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Booker should be a shoe in to win this event barring injury or mechanical.
Also I beg to differ on getting down the chute quickly I've run down it a couple of times in races despite the yelling from the spectators.

moorey

call me Mia
If you want to pedal up twice lol
Not even that’s an option….
Definite advantage for locals, and good on them.
Megan traditionally doesn’t put in anything too hectic, knowing many are riding blind…but it was clear in entry info you need to be a confident Black trail rider to get through the event. I chose to ignore that little morsel.

moorey

call me Mia
Booker should be a shoe in to win this event barring injury or mechanical.
Also I beg to differ on getting down the chute quickly I've run down it a couple of times in races despite the yelling from the spectators.

Smart money on him for sure. Killer rider on home trails.
He must be confident given that he’s opted for ‘Dictator Dan’ on his race plate.

ozzybmx

You are game to run it. That granite sand that gathers on it is like marbles.

I slid down it on my ass, hugging my bike away from the granite walls, scuffed the 'SENDY' off the back of my shorts (which was a win)

moorey

call me Mia
Have a ripper @moorey.. after all the training and agony of will it/won’t it happen it’ll be pretty sweet to get there.

Good luck to you and Felix.
Cheers man. Still paranoid I’ll catch Covid in the next few days and shit the bed. Family came home yesterday, they’re in and out of town rubbing shoulders with lepers, will be a miracle if I don’t get the kibosh.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Cheers man. Still paranoid I’ll catch Covid in the next few days and shit the bed. Family came home yesterday, they’re in and out of town rubbing shoulders with lepers, will be a miracle if I don’t get the kibosh.
This is my fear as well as this time to have it taken away by sickness would really suck.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Time for a few days backyard camping. ;)