2020 Enduro World Series

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
He looks big on any bike.

no tyre inserts? seems odd

with the 180 fork, and 15mm spacer on fork his seat angle will b slack, like 71.5deg
That lower headset spacer is curious, trying to figure out how it works. Is it like a 20mm thick crown race?

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk
yep, can buy to slacken slightly, cheaper than angleset

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That lower headset spacer is curious, trying to figure out how it works. Is it like a 20mm thick crown race?

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk
Yeah. Essentially extends the head tube and slackens HA by 0.5 degrees every 10mm. Would raise BB I assume too

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Interesting to see they’re all using the head tube spacers, not just Jack the Beanstalk. Maybe head tube too short to get comfortable stack heights? Or clearance issues with the Zeb crowns (though one has a Lyrik so..)?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Interesting to see they’re all using the head tube spacers, not just Jack the Beanstalk. Maybe head tube too short to get comfortable stack heights? Or clearance issues with the Zeb crowns (though one has a Lyrik so..)?
does seem strange, doesn’t having higher cockpit, incl bars take more weight off the front wheel and making steering slightly less sharp, i’m trying to think of an advantage?? easier wheel lift, higher more comfortable?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If smashing into stuff downhill like EWS pros do - I'd guess benifits include being slacker (better bump absorption), easier to pilot down steep descents (doesn't feel like the bike is trying to pull you forward over the bars as much), possibly brings the bars up a bit to allow the arms to more easily "rest" in a semi-attack position ready to absorb bumps than being more extended/straighter...

Flow-Rider

Burner
does seem strange, doesn’t having higher cockpit, incl bars take more weight off the front wheel and making steering slightly less sharp, i’m trying to think of an advantage?? easier wheel lift, higher more comfortable?
Have a look at how DH bikes are set up and they fly around corners at high speeds.

moorey

call me Mia

View attachment 367556
Does appear the top of the forks would go close to hitting the down tube in those pics.
Are these pre-production frames?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The spacer under the headtube seems to be standard. Troys bike has one too
Reckon it must be a Zeb crown clearance thing then - none of the Lyrik or 36-equipped bikes on the website have it but the head tube is short at 110mm in L and the down tube is pretty straight. Longer (180mm) fork and the spacer would give 64~65° HA too.