2018 Sworks Turbo Levo

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is after you cracked open that horror show of a motor?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ok so this makes a 1970’s Ferrari’s reliability look good.

I can fix and modify the motors to eliminate their issues.

I have a Can Bus analyser on the way to learn more about motor to battery comms, no one has really put much effort into this area apart from a little over at the French pedalelec forums.

Found a premium lithium cell supplier in Melb for when I want to repack the battery.

Have now worked out how to add a Grin motor controller if I want to or need to depart from Specialized and brose electronics. Brose motors are a three wire field oriented brushless motor, with crank shaft and chainring rpm Hall effects sensors, plus a motor rotor rpm sensor. Along with rear wheel rpm sensor.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Ok so this makes a 1970’s Ferrari’s reliability look good.

I can fix and modify the motors to eliminate their issues.

I have a Can Bus analyser on the way to learn more about motor to battery comms, no one has really put much effort into this area apart from a little over at the French pedalelec forums.

Found a premium lithium cell supplier in Melb for when I want to repack the battery.

Have now worked out how to add a Grin motor controller if I want to or need to depart from Specialized and brose electronics. Brose motors are a three wire field oriented brushless motor, with crank shaft and chainring rpm Hall effects sensors, plus a motor rotor rpm sensor. Along with rear wheel rpm sensor.
Ok so you've thought it through but how will you unsee the pregnant seahorse?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Is the Levo still running or has the motor gone yet? Specialized have offered to replace my SL bike with a new Levo. I figured I’m on my third SL motor so what have I got to lose lol.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Christ they must be in a hole financially, some people onto their 8th motor, others like you with bikes being swapped out.

I’m all good myself, have a spare motor but current one is still ok. Once the good stuff arrives I will get the spare built up properly.

Currently working on sourcing all the parts to rebuild the brose motors, have found a Kevlar reinforced 405-5m-15 belt at a sane price.

Still waiting on NSK to give me a price and MOQ on 34 x 47 x 7 bearings, everyone, including the originals are cheap chinese bearings that are as soft as cheese. Real Japanese bearing steel is next level tough, hacksaws and files can’t touch it, carbide inserts on the lathe really hate it. Chinese stuff typically you can cut with a hacksaw.

Found the sprag clutches out of China. Waiting on their delivery. Found needle roller bearings too.

My step daughters Cricut machine will be stolen for making gaskets.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Christ they must be in a hole financially, some people onto their 8th motor, others like you with bikes being swapped out.

I’m all good myself, have a spare motor but current one is still ok. Once the good stuff arrives I will get the spare built up properly.

Currently working on sourcing all the parts to rebuild the brose motors, have found a Kevlar reinforced 405-5m-15 belt at a sane price.

Still waiting on NSK to give me a price and MOQ on 34 x 47 x 7 bearings, everyone, including the originals are cheap chinese bearings that are as soft as cheese. Real Japanese bearing steel is next level tough, hacksaws and files can’t touch it, carbide inserts on the lathe really hate it. Chinese stuff typically you can cut with a hacksaw.

Found the sprag clutches out of China. Waiting on their delivery. Found needle roller bearings too.

My step daughters Cricut machine will be stolen for making gaskets.
I think you overstate the situafion when referring to some Chinese bearings. Really expected a more balanced assessment. Quite disappointed really. Please edit and use the word teeth instead of hacksaw.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Have you destroyed 12 speed cassettes too?
No but mates have.

Umm why are you surprised? Microshift 10 speed drivetrain and Ybn chains for you.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Still got a stash of XX1 parts. Once exhausted I’m keen on a sroad 11 speed cassette like this: