ACT 2017 Mont 24hr

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Lol, I love my four seconds of glory.

Last year I missed out on the 1 hour mark by 8 seconds. Devastated.

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Reading through the email from the Mont team:

Anybody know what happened?
Two riders collided on the last lap of the day, about 200m from Transition/Race HQ. One rider got up, swore profusely at the rider on the ground then laid in to him with fists (right in front of the youngsters watching the race, and a nearby photographer). It is the worst display of rider behaviour we've heard of and should never have happened. Needless to say that rider earned a life ban from our events.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Holy crapafuckinmoley! That's about as bad as it gets, belting a dude that's already grounded after a stack!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Seriously WTF??? This is social race!
I have had the red rage before, but that was in races against equals for position (echelons/ crosswinds/ shoulders/ elbows/ headbutts) not against punters... that's just fucking sad

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Two riders collided on the last lap of the day, about 200m from Transition/Race HQ. One rider got up, swore profusely at the rider on the ground then laid in to him with fists (right in front of the youngsters watching the race, and a nearby photographer)
I got in touch with the photographer; most of the shots of the incident have been subpoenaed and can't be released until the case is heard in court

Apparently this was taken immediately before the fight.

Attachments

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I got in touch with the photographer; most of the shots of the incident have been subpoenaed and can't be released until the case is heard in court

Love it. You should work in media.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
+1. Clearly it can be seen by the photo evidence that some awesome fast dude was on a hot lap and an asshat got in the way thus deserving all retribution.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
You can see the deliberate way he's stuck his handlebar into the trail. This was no 'accident'.

moorey

call me Mia
+1. Clearly it can be seen by the photo evidence that some awesome fast dude was on a hot lap and an asshat got in the way thus deserving all retribution.
Look at the stink eye you're giving me though. That will haunt my dreams. :fear:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid

Far out Tubbsy, you sooooo sucked me in with that photo

I just searched up the team, and presumably that evil looking dude is someone from right here. Photoshopped for the number I'm guessing, or not.......

;)