2014 Megavalanche

eusta88

Likes Bikes
I've signed up for Megavalanche this year but so far I'm going it alone. Keen to see who else on Rotorburn is getting along to it, how your getting there, where your staying etc.

If anyone who has done it before stumbles across this thread, where did you stay/how did you get there? (I've worked out how to get to Grenoble but not the next 50km...)

Cheers

Ewen

QBT

Queenstown Bike Taxis
How's the plans coming along? I've just booked tickets to Morzine for most of July, with Mega being very high on the lis of things to do.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
I'll be there. Me and a mate from the UK are driving from the north of England along with the misses. Can't wait should be great. Were getting there on the 5th of July, a touch early but hopefully an extra day for my bong infested lungs a chance to adapt to the altitude. Accommodation was a real pain to be honest but we ended up with a private rental through homeaway.co.uk. If i remember right it was about 770 euros $1100 au for an apartment for 4. It's nothing fancy but we decided to stay in the main town mainly so her in doors can get out and about easier and save my mate driving. Allamont has so nice places to rent and a good camp site plus it's where the race ends.Might be a bit quiet if your on your own but sure the'll be loads of people to hang out with.
Theres a thread on Pinkbike thats got a good amount of information and maybe a few people to hook up with. Loads of Brits.
I'll be riding a Rocky mountain altitude (black),white urge helmet, say hello if you spot me in the madness. Now my problem is getting past French customs, I was a naughty boy many years ago but I'll be on my British passport so hopefully i'll just sail through.
If I can help at all in your planning please feel free to pm me.