2012 Forrest 6 Hour - Entries now open

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
Event Area

Hey Norm,

How's the ground down there??? is the parking area muddy??? only got a 2 wheel drive to drive down in..... last year it got a little electric on the way out...:)

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
From the Facebook news update
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forrest-Mountain-Bike-Cycling-Club/158910360820722

"Its a chilly 10 degrees today. Drizzle has been on and off today, but no rain as such. will be riding the trails later today, so updates then.
Trails however are in good condition. We have only just started to have rain in the past week. No traffic on trails to degenerate condition. Trails are only "surface wet" so far and it takes a few weeks of this weather to soak them to a "muddy state". Hence why the race is in May not June.
Even the Power lines carpark, race centre is bone dry.
with 2 courses, Solo and Teams, with major traffic areas being the inner Marriners Run & parts of Foxtail and Superloop, the overall condition of the trails will hold up nicely on Saturday.
come prepared to be warm and if you are support or in a team, prepare for a cold day with a max of 16 (if you are lucky!) (Author Jess Douglas)"

lucco

Likes Dirt
If anyone is super keen/knows anyone that wants a SOLO MALE entry let me know...I'll race tomorrow if nobody's interested, but caught a bit of a cold/flu so keen to offload if possible.
Cheers

Knut

Troll hunter
So does that mean we are Triples Mixed World Champions now?

Had a great time thanks Forrest.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
So does that mean we are Triples Mixed World Champions now?

Had a great time thanks Forrest.
Did you guys get a trophy?

Had a few people come up after presentations.

All wanted the "trophy we won for coming first in triples mixed" (seriously)

If you don't have a trophy then the answer is no!

Roland

Knut

Troll hunter
We won and we have our awesome trophies on the mantle piece. Sitting in front of the fire drinking the wine we scored too. Great way to finish off the day.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Had a few people come up after presentations.

All wanted the "trophy we won for coming first in triples mixed" (seriously)
They are all pretenders to our throne, and what a throne it is!

On a more serious note, thanks Forrest MTB Club. That was SUCH a cool day of mountain biking. As soon as you walk into the place in the morning the vibe hits you, and it's the best vibe in the world. Kudos.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Totally stoked with an awesome race, on awesome trails, run by awesome people. I finished second (for the third year running) in solo male 40+, very happy, given that I didn't really train much.

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
Great track and awesome vibe. Thanks to all who helped out! I did some better laps times than I expected, happy days. I love Voltaren!

Well done to the winners and grinners (that includes you Steve!)! Where's the SS category??