2011 Victorian Enduro Series

throwback

Likes Bikes
I am not one of the organizers just a competitor but I do know that the sponsorship issue was a huge problem. With many of the clubs having sponsorship deals with bike shops, equip manufactures, food suppliers and bike brands,
it was really hard to settle on a series sponsor. There were quite a few offers from companies offering more money but most of them were rejected.
Here is a hypothetical example. Meridia offers 20000 for the series and one of the clubs is sponsored by Giant so they then veto the sponsorship deal.
If you are a local bike shop that supports/ runs your local club, would you want tech support at the event from another shop?
For the series to have a major sponsor that all the clubs would be happy with, they would need to be out side the bike industry

I thought the series was fantastic let focus on that , however for next year improvements in result updates are a must.

maybe you could put yourself up as the series cord for next year. It is easy to get on here and complain, one year running the series may change your view. It is a great series and it needs a good "co ord" give it a go.
I thoroughly enjoyed all the races I went to and will probably do them all again next year. I just think that a bit more could have been done to make it hang together as a series and you're right, as an absolute minimum, that means more accurate and timely series results.

I'm also not suggesting it's easy, in fact to do it well I'm sure it would be complicated and time consuming. It's a big commitment and nobody should take it on unless they can make that commitment. I couldn't. Perhaps it's too much to be done on goodwill alone?

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I thoroughly enjoyed all the races I went to and will probably do them all again next year. I just think that a bit more could have been done to make it hang together as a series and you're right, as an absolute minimum, that means more accurate and timely series results.

I'm also not suggesting it's easy, in fact to do it well I'm sure it would be complicated and time consuming. It's a big commitment and nobody should take it on unless they can make that commitment. I couldn't. Perhaps it's too much to be done on goodwill alone?
I had some minor involvement in trying to clean up some of the VES and VSS tables (duplicate names, mis-spellings, etc) and can confirm it is somewhat time-consuming - I was just wanting to help out and doing it in my spare time gratis (perhaps i need a life :p)

akashra

Eats Squid
You were doing it off the bat with no experience. The people supposed to be running the series on the other hand will love pointing out how they've been doing it since the dawn of time and how everything is so much effort. You'd expect given their infinite wisdom they'd have at least become more efficient than I was capable of. I've done it myself, so I know what's involved.

Last edited:

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Just a quick question, as Goldcross Cycles was the major sponsor, how many events did they turn up to.
They turned up to Blores. Not sure how busy they were, we did have one our local shops have a tent there too. They, S&J cycles, were happy to have Goldcross there though as S&J weren't a sponsor of the race, but a supporter of the club.
Would have been good to have them at Bright and save me the drive into town and miss the start!

serowe

Likes Dirt
As long as the tables are correct and uptodate I am happy!
Interesting that they (finally) managed to produce VES points - however, they definately need to re-check Round 5 Solo Male 40+ - besides running categories as split categories (40+ and 50+ and then combining them they have the results totally arse about face.

From the official results! the first 5 40+ are:

1 12 6:18:04 Damian Gillard 17
2 11 6:20:13 David Rusden 36
3 11 6:20:34 Gregory Boyall 37
4 11 6:34:38 Dalen Court 46
5 10 6:00:47 Brad McGown 55

and the first 5 50+ are:

1 11 6:27:43 Stephen Fraser 42
2 9 6:03:49 John Taylor 77
3 9 6:22:47 Geoff Mclennan 88
4 8 5:50:20 Peter Jeffery 102
5 6 4:12:26 David Innes 121

(columns are Position, Laps, Time, Name and Overall place).

David Rusden picked up 2nd in category (even if you combine them), not 5th; Greg Boyall 3rd not 4th - this link to the AWMTB Club overall results confirms the results used in the point score are wrong: http://alburywodongamtb.org.au/results/Overall2011_6hr.pdf

Also - Solo Men from Round 1 is icorrect from Mark Weir onwards - Mark came 14th, not 6th ( http://teammtbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/overall_final.pdf ) and whilst it may be believed he was in the wrong category, the results show he entered and ran in Solo Men *not* Solo Men 40+ as the points have him. You can't go changing categories in the points unless you also change the results...

Finally - when will the series points reflect the rules? That is - those that didn;t compete in 4 rounds or more are the only ones eligible for series prizes? In particular this affects Solo Men 40+ (Damian Gillard not eligible); Pairs Men (only SPoKEY BLoKES are eligible as no other team ran 4 or more rounds); Pairs Women (only The Groove Tubes eligible); Triple Men (only Triple Hendrys and Baby Animal Racing eligible); Triple Masters 40+ (only Carbon Fibre Footprint eligible); Triples Mixed (no team is eligible); and Triples Juniors (on XBMXERS eligible).

Series Rules
•Teams or Competitors must have competed in a minimum of four rounds to be eligible for series prizes
•A Team’s or Competitor’s best 6 rounds count towards series totals
•A minimum of three competitors per category are required for a series category
Again - not rocket science to ensure they are correct.