2010 NSWMTB DH Champs: Lithgow:All the lead up and post race guff

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
hey guys. Read the nswmtb website and it says you have to be a member and no day licences will be issued on the day. Can you sign up on the day as i have no credit card to do it online? also is there camping sites around the area?

thanks
Hey Nick there is no entries taken on the day. Since your in the mts if you can make the trip over the hill before hand I can sign you up and enter you manually at Insane

thecat

Lithgow van park has camping and powered sites still available
(02) 6351 4350

Apparently the power station has a big job on over the first 3 weeks of July so contractors have speculatively booked up most rooms, cabins in town.

It maybe worth giving them a call and putting you name on a waiting list for a cabin as those bookings wont be confirm until the end of the month.

Informal camping... you could camp either on Hassans walls itself or outside the range near the usual pick up spot (Not sure if either is kosher with council so you may want to check)

for other accommodation try the info center as listed above, alternatively the Blue Mts has plenty and you have Hartley, Mt Victoria, Blackheath and Katoomba within about 30min

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
can you race the champs with a day license, or do you require a full MTBA license?
This will determine whether i can race or not...

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can't race any State DH on a Day license
Cheers for that. Been a few years since i last raced so i wasn't sure what the policy was these days.
Guess i'll just be watching if i make the trip out.

Red.

Likes Dirt
hey can any one tell me or show me where i can find the addres of the the track.
Just cant see it any were.
thanks

cru_jones

Likes Bikes
when do i cough up the coin??

Hi..
This will be my first ever event and as far as i can tell i am entered ( via the link on the MTBNSW website) just a question or 2:
when do i pay the entry fee?? as it did not ask for my credit card details..
Do i pay the cash on the day??
Did i miss something during the online registration process??

any help will be much appreciated :)

cheers

Cru

Last edited:

thecat

I'm guessing you did not complete the rego process.

It puts you through to the payment details after you accept the disclaimer.

did you get a confirmation email?

cru_jones

Likes Bikes
I'm guessing you did not complete the rego process.

It puts you through to the payment details after you accept the disclaimer.

I done the whole shebang again and got the same result.. after the disclaimer it just asked me to register another rider
I still received no conformation email though.. i'll ring em on monday and find out what the deal is

thanks for your help mate :D

giantant

Cannon Fodder
Return to racing

Im in all payed and entered. I havent raced for a few years. I used to love the state mine track and cant wait to see the new one. sport male

aloo95

Likes Bikes
hey, i was just wondering ( as for this is goning to be my first state series ) i was wondering if saturday is practice and sunday is race day or if sunday is 4X and XC and sunday would be DH race

thanks

thecat

hey, i was just wondering ( as for this is goning to be my first state series ) i was wondering if saturday is practice and sunday is race day or if sunday is 4X and XC and sunday would be DH race

thanks
Practice all day Saturday. Compulsory practice Sunday morning (you have to do at least 1 run at this time) Racing from lunch

Will the track be open for riding on Thursday and/or Friday?
Except for the bit into the range itself. Also guys will be setting up and putting the finishing touches to the track so keep an eye out form them and don't just blast on by them expecting them to jump out of your way :)

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
Just a question, what is the entry like to where all the cars park? Just so i know which car to take :p thanks.