$2.5 million for Tassie West Coast trails and maybe Maydena?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
That story was followed up by this one, and where the local GP was saying it was pure luck that the local medical services have not burdened by the new trails:rolleyes:
I think with the amount of riders that have been down the trails in the last six months since opening and only one serious injury that should validate the Simon French's comment on it not being a jump trail so being a lower risk even though it's pretty raw and rocky.

Stredda

Not good, a bit of fatigue can kick in when warm and on the second shuttle. The first shuttle that ends in Linda has a bit of climbing at the start and unprepared riders could be caught out with fatigue and lack of water heading down the Waterfall on loose trail. Also waiting on stragglers at the bottom of shuttle 1 can suck through water supplies.

Maybe like most other small towns in Tassie that have built MTB trails, the local hospital gets an extra staff member on school holidays and weekends ;)
There's always going to be the odd person that makes a mistake or pushes the boundaries too far but hopefully that's not too often as I hate the backlash that the new trails often get about the burden on the medical system and tying up resources.
I'm sure when you look into the data that there is far more medical resources spent on sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle choices than the few that choose outdoors physical activities that get into as spot of bother every now and again.
From what I have seen on the Wild Mersey and Iron Tor trails, we seem to get the injuries soon after opening and then it quietens off after a few weeks.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
There's always going to be the odd person that makes a mistake or pushes the boundaries too far but hopefully that's not too often as I hate the backlash that the new trails often get about the burden on the medical system and tying up resources.
I'm sure when you look into the data that there is far more medical resources spent on sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle choices than the few that choose outdoors physical activities that get into as spot of bother every now and again.
From what I have seen on the Wild Mersey and Iron Tor trails, we seem to get the injuries soon after opening and then it quietens off after a few weeks.
The "Cobbler Creek Whale Tail" feature here in Adelaide was claiming a collar bone per week for quite some time (it features a lot in Friday fails reels) as did a new wall ride in Andos....
Realistically, compared to the number of users the occurrence of major injuries is low enough that it should have been identified in the risk analysis before opening a black diamond level feature.

Stredda

The "Cobbler Creek Whale Tail" feature here in Adelaide was claiming a collar bone per week for quite some time (it features a lot in Friday fails reels) as did a new wall ride in Andos....
Realistically, compared to the number of users the occurrence of major injuries is low enough that it should have been identified in the risk analysis before opening a black diamond level feature.
We removed the whale tail at the Penguin MTB park for that very reason, it was just busting people up on a regular occurrence. I do hate dumbing down trails but you do need to ensure that the trail is predictable and balance that safety vs sketchy level. Air Ya Garn at Derby would have busted more riders that all the other trails in the state put together I would think. It's not necessarily a hard trail, it's just that it's easy to get to from the shuttle, so a lot more noobs go down it, it's very easy to gain speed and get out of your depth, and it's a jump trail.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All the squids hanging at the top, chanting "Ayeee yaaa gaaaan" while nodding at each other like their shit don't stink :D

Its an awesome trail... though hard on old mens wrists after the 15th time down it.

Stredda

All the squids hanging at the top, chanting "Ayeee yaaa gaaaan" while nodding at each other like their shit don't stink :D

Its an awesome trail... though hard on old mens wrists after the 15th time down it.
Yes it's a great trail. Takes me about 4 runs to get dialed in and I still don't hit all the big stuff.
The other factor with that trail is the amount of riders that go down it. I'd love to have a trail counter on it to see how many.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Bare Creek Pro Line is an awesome design for keeping the newer riders off. Apart from being chained but that’s navigated with creative lines. But they built it big enough that riders fear for their lives

Stredda

Bit of a late post but I tagged along with the Tas Gravity Enduro series organisers to scope out the course of the Queenstown round (the weekend after the Trans Tas)
Got perfect weather albeit a bit on the toasty side at 28 degrees.
I must say the Waterfall trail is brilliant and some of the stonework up the top is top notch.
Views for days…..

Stredda

Moist :)

Queenstown gets about 3.5m of rain a year.

Actually gets more rain in March than Adelaide gets in a normal year.
They've actually had a stunning run of good weather this summer with all these easterly systems that seem to be dropping all the wet stuff on QLD and NSW.