$2.5 million for Tassie West Coast trails and maybe Maydena?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Were they only given permission to use narrow corridors or is a "slalom trail" the new flow trail
Both ridges are pretty steep and drop away on both sides, not sure if they could have stretched them out much more.
If you want something to let the brakes off a bit more, the Waterfall trail is the go. It’s brilliant!:)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The trail to the left is the black and the one on the right is the blue/black. The black is a real brake burner!
Hmmmm... we did Spur and Waterfall after someone had a stupid crash and my rear brake was metal on metal.
I'll be seeing white dusty-rocky switchbacks in my sleep tonight.

Stredda

Hmmmm... we did Spur and Waterfall after someone had a stupid crash and my rear brake was metal on metal.
I'll be seeing white dusty-rocky switchbacks in my sleep tonight.
Yes, there’s certainly a lot of switchbacks on that trail lol

ozzybmx

Is that granite or shale on the North trail?
Not sure, I reckon its limestone.

The berms are deep dusty limestone dust and rocks.
Wasn't great to be honest.

Doing Natural Selection tomorrow which is the old summit walking trail.

Will report on findings.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not sure, I reckon its limestone.

The berms are deep dusty limestone dust and rocks.
Wasn't great to be honest.

Doing Natural Selection tomorrow which is the old summit walking trail.

Will report on findings.
I had seen part of a video when they first opened the trail and you hear all the rocks hitting together like they are very loose. I ride some stuff like that out here with loose sandstone, I bet it will catch a lot of people out and with a harsh landing.

ozzybmx

I bet it will catch a lot of people out and with a harsh landing.
I told them 2 of mine repeatedly to slow the fekk down as its like riding on marbles, they were trying to hit all the hidden lips and whoops as jumps. #1 slid out on a landing in front of me, has gouged his shin, both hands and shoulder, had also 2 decent dents on his helmet from a head impact and tore a glove off somehow.

I made them ride behind for the rest of the day.
That would have been like doing 30kph in a 60 zone :D
I hate loose shitty trails.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I told them 2 of mine repeatedly to slow the fekk down as its like riding on marbles, they were trying to hit all the hidden lips and whoops as jumps. #1 slid out on a landing in front of me, has gouged his shin, both hands and shoulder, had also 2 decent dents on his helmet from a head impact and tore a glove off somehow.

I made them ride behind for the rest of the day.
That would have been like doing 30kph in a 60 zone :D
I hate loose shitty trails.
So what you're saying is they were having a great time.

ozzybmx

So what you're saying is they were having a great time.
Yep... their skill levels are through the roof but common sense brain cells are still at the development stage.
They don't differentiate between riding on sketchy ball bearings or solid Derby flow.
A 3rd party has to step in, point it out and make a ruling.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yep... their skill levels are through the roof but common sense brain cells are still at the development stage.
They don't differentiate between riding on sketchy ball bearings or solid Derby flow.
A 3rd party has to step in, point it out and make a ruling.
How much has gear breakage cost you this trip?

ozzybmx

How much has gear breakage cost you this trip?
Hasn't been too bad so far, their bikes are just clapped :)

#1's Bongrager dropper needs to be pulled up and bounces when sitting on.
#2's back tyre is bald but we have spares.
#2 needs a new dub bb and lock ring on his cranks.
#2 decided my ordered 28psi was too hard and ran 24-25psi at Maydena... so the new rim I laced up 3 days before we came here has 2 fat dings in it.
#1 had a both brakes bled at Derby when they wouldn't pressurise after a pad change.

I have an intermittently squeaking front DT hub, stripped it 3 times, must be a seal on the inside.
Might swap out my Wild Enduros for DHR II's MaxxGrips after today.

ozzybmx

Well a bit of disappointment with today's plan.

The shuttle company somehow cancelled our shuttle and left us waiting at the park for an hour :oops:

When I went down to the office I was told there was so many people chopping and changing dates, that mine had been mixed up in the confusion.

After yesterday's pretty average ride on the loose and rocky switchbacks, it probably wasn't a bad thing. It's officially 28°C here but with the heat radiated off the white limestone switchbacks and no shade, it was fekkin hot just riding the town accessed trails.

dirtart

Likes Bikes
Correct. The North Owen trails utilise steep, narrow ridge lines, and literally use up all the functional real estate available.

Both ridges are pretty steep and drop away on both sides, not sure if they could have stretched them out much more.
If you want something to let the brakes off a bit more, the Waterfall trail is the go. It’s brilliant!:)

Stredda

Well a bit of disappointment with today's plan.

The shuttle company somehow cancelled our shuttle and left us waiting at the park for an hour :oops:

When I went down to the office I was told there was so many people chopping and changing dates, that mine had been mixed up in the confusion.

After yesterday's pretty average ride on the loose and rocky switchbacks, it probably wasn't a bad thing. It's officially 28°C here but with the heat radiated off the white limestone switchbacks and no shade, it was fekkin hot just riding the town accessed trails.
So you haven’t got to ride the Waterfall trail yet?

ozzybmx

A guy broke his hip on the Waterfall trail :eek:
Not good, a bit of fatigue can kick in when warm and on the second shuttle. The first shuttle that ends in Linda has a bit of climbing at the start and unprepared riders could be caught out with fatigue and lack of water heading down the Waterfall on loose trail. Also waiting on stragglers at the bottom of shuttle 1 can suck through water supplies.

Maybe like most other small towns in Tassie that have built MTB trails, the local hospital gets an extra staff member on school holidays and weekends ;)

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Not good, a bit of fatigue can kick in when warm and on the second shuttle. The first shuttle that ends in Linda has a bit of climbing at the start and unprepared riders could be caught out with fatigue and lack of water heading down the Waterfall on loose trail. Also waiting on stragglers at the bottom of shuttle 1 can suck through water supplies.

Maybe like most other small towns in Tassie that have built MTB trails, the local hospital gets an extra staff member on school holidays and weekends ;)
There you go... A shining example of MTB trails creating employment opportunities