15mm allen key

kooga

Likes Bikes
Hey, did a quick search on here to no avail. Where is the best place to get a 15mm allen key to remove shimano free hub off a 12mm thru axel wheel? Tried local bike shop and bunnings and cant fond anything

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I live near a high tensile bolt shop. They have a good range of heavy duty tools places like bunnings won't have. Perhaps you have a similar option.

dh1

Likes Dirt
Total tools, gas weld, blackwoods maybe super cheap or autobarn but I would try the first two suggestions first off.

kooga

Likes Bikes
Cheers alo661, i could not see that at my local bunnings, they had a 14 and then jumped to 17mm which i thought was weird. Want to replace the hub tomorrow so will try the nut and bolt trick, otherwise off to a proper tool store.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
You can proper quarter inch driver 15mm and 16mm tools, found that works best. Cost abit though and you'll probably have to order them in..

Flow-Rider

Burner
You can proper quarter inch driver 15mm and 16mm tools, found that works best. Cost abit though and you'll probably have to order them in..
1/4 inch drive is a bit small for removing hub bolts, you want 1/2"or at the least 3/8".

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Living the dream these days aye :).

I've undone a few of the formula freehubs and they let go with a large crack, very very tight.
Haha it's alright, wouldn't go back to the industry. New ones much more active, and alot of evolution to come!

Satisfying crack no doubt.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
1/4 inch drive is a bit small for removing hub bolts, you want 1/2"or at the least 3/8".
Absolutely, 1/2” in case it’s a bit stuck. I used a 3/8 last time and wrecked the ratchet it was that tight. But that’s probably a post for the confessions thread.