TAS FOUND: 135x12 inner axle and endcaps for hope pro2 evo

Lucaw

Next in line
Item: 135x12 inner axle and endcaps for hope pro2 evo
Price range/Willing to Pay: less than new
Extra Info: I need to convert my rear wheel of the reigin which is 135x10 bolt up so it can fit in the frx

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Chasing up this lead for you @Lucaw :
Bloke is away from home but will check if the caps are 135 or 142 late next week when he's back.

moorey

call me Mia
Would be a super long shot being 135.....but all you have to do is shave 3.5mm off each.

That said, those end caps aren’t evo or Pro4. Pro2 are the only ones with that flange.

Labcanary

Motherf.... You can see the hub bearing to freehub step down in the second picture.
Pro2 non-evo it is.

As you were.

Lucaw

Next in line
I bought one from the lbs, but they sold me a pro2 even though I asked specificly for a pro2 evo :mad:
It fits just fine in the hub body, but the bit that the free hub sits on is 15mm instead of the 17mm it needs to be :mad:I’m going back tomorrow, and I hope they fix there slip up

moorey

call me Mia
I bought one from the lbs, but they sold me a pro2 even though I asked specificly for a pro2 evo :mad:
It fits just fine in the hub body, but the bit that the free hub sits on is 15mm instead of the 17mm it needs to be :mad:I’m going back tomorrow, and I hope they fix there slip up
Most bike shop employees know sweet fa unfortunately. Most FB people are no better....or just liars.
Pro2 are paper thin in 12mm axle version, and snap regularly

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Item: 135x12 inner axle and endcaps for hope pro2 evo
Price range/Willing to Pay: less than new
Extra Info: I need to convert my rear wheel of the reigin which is 135x10 bolt up so it can fit in the frx
what are you doing with the 10mm bolt up assembly?..selling??

Labcanary

Most bike shop employees know sweet fa unfortunately. Most FB people are no better....or just liars.
Pro2 are paper thin in 12mm axle version, and snap regularly
This. Very much this.

And yeah, pro 2 axle is 15mm OD at the freehub, with a stepdown from hub bearings. So a 12mm thru axle leaves a measly amount of material. Pro 2 Evo is 17mm OD from hub bearings to the end caps.
Did the LBS sell you end caps too? As @moorey said previously, Pro2 caps have a flange while Pro2 Evo do not.

Lucaw

Next in line
This. Very much this.

And yeah, pro 2 axle is 15mm OD at the freehub, with a stepdown from hub bearings. So a 12mm thru axle leaves a measly amount of material. Pro 2 Evo is 17mm OD from hub bearings to the end caps.
Did the LBS sell you end caps too? As @moorey said previously, Pro2 caps have a flange while Pro2 Evo do not.
They did sell me them too, and they do fit the hub

moorey

call me Mia
Final word. I believe you need part HUB229 (axle) and part HUB241 (135x12 adapters.....do NOT buy x12 adapters, they’re 142mm)
Buy new, buy once, otherwise you’ll be cussing around with the wrong parts for 6 months and 16 threads.

Lucaw

Next in line
Final word. I believe you need part HUB229 (axle) and part HUB241 (135x12 adapters.....do NOT buy x12 adapters, they’re 142mm)
Buy new, buy once, otherwise you’ll be cussing around with the wrong parts for 6 months and 16 threads.
Oh I definitely will be buying them new, it’s just a matter of who says they can get them

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Wise is not something you are, Wise is something you learn!