12 Hours of Darkness

Blueman

Cannon Fodder
Tyno, from what I hear you actually have not finished any major race for at least two years! Actually apparently your teammates have a hard time finishing anything either. :?

tyno

Likes Bikes
Blueman said:
Tyno, from what I hear you actually have not finished any major race for at least two years!
Define finish :) I don't think I've DNF'd anything lately and I've been running middle fo the field in the first 2 of the working week series. What's it matter anyway? I was commenting on the course not my propensity for self damage in the leadup to a major race.

Blueman said:
Actually apparently your teammates have a hard time finishing anything either. :?
Where'd you get that from? One of my team mates is preparing to go to Canada in Septemeber to compete in the world 24hr solo champs.

liamo

Likes Dirt
???

Blueman said:
Tyno, from what I hear you actually have not finished any major race for at least two years! Actually apparently your teammates have a hard time finishing anything either.
OK, I'll bite...

Blueman, I'm not quite sure what was in Tyno's post that would elicit a personal attack on him, but I am absolutely sure that neither Gaz or myself (Tyno's teammates in the race) have done anything to earn your scorn. Quite the opposite, Gaz counts you as a personal friend and has defended you to others repeatedly. It's very saddening to hear such comments coming from someone so involved in the sport. :cry:

For what it's worth, the reason I didn't finish the 12HD had nothing to do with the event or the organisers. If not finishing makes me weak and lessens my standing in your opinion, then it's your loss my friend. I race for my own enjoyment and to push myself, I certainly don't do it to prove myself to others.

I understand one of the aims of the 12 hrs darkness/daylight was to avoid the competitive attitude and nastiness that can accompany some XC races and to focus on participation and enjoyment for all in the race. Not just for the serious and elite riders. Comments like Bluemans seem to embody all that is wrong with the competitive side of XC racing. I hope the event can continue to evolve and maintain a friendly grassroots vibe. It would be great if the Labgear crew can keep the 12HD an upbeat event next year...

Adios,

Liam

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What the fuck are you talking about?? This thread is dead, go find another forum to fill with post-whoring shit :evil:

Colonel

Likes Bikes
For all you guys that dug the 2004 event, the 2005 version is open for team reservations. Apparently the 2005 event will be called an Endurofest, with the race going for 18Hrs. That way you can still get heaps of riding in plus see the bands and DJ's.
Sounds mega, for all the good inside info and rego link, check this:
http://www.26inches.com/26inches/ENDUROFEST/26_inches_Fest.htm

Hopefully the North Shore sections will hold up a bit better in February, nothing worse than icey skinnies!

Punch it.
Colonel

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Mate posted a photo on socials. Had a thread dig. It's from this race which we ran.

As per the thread, the course was fucking horrible. I made over half of it from raw bushland with a brush cutter and shovel, we had no idea about trail building but I managed to ride it so all good :(

Lesson learned, we ran Endurofest (lol) on the established trail network at Majura and it was loads of fun. I parted ways and old mate did another 12 Hours of Darkness in Penrose which we DJ'd (records) at. Good times.

None of these photos have ever been shown before. 2004, shot on film.