100mm travel, 29, non-boost, tapered steerer forks

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
PHP:
Item: 100mm travel, 29, non-boost tapered forks wanted
Price: To $400
Extra info: At least 180mm steerer, tapered or OD2, 15mm TA or 9mmQR. Prefer non-boost but would consider boost

PJO

in me vL comy
Have a 29" Manitou Marvel Comp, 100mm travel (can't be increased). Steerer is 188mm. QR 9mm.
Can have for $50 plus postage.

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
Have a 29" Manitou Marvel Comp, 100mm travel (can't be increased). Steerer is 188mm. QR 9mm.
Can have for $50 plus postage.
Thanks PJO, that could be the one! I'm assuming it'll need a service but is it all working OK? Whereabouts are you?
Cheers
Phil

PJO

in me vL comy
Thanks PJO, that could be the one! I'm assuming it'll need a service but is it all working OK? Whereabouts are you?
Cheers
Phil
Hi Phil,
I'm in Hobart.
It's not a bells and whistles fork but it is in good condition and functions as it should, I'll post up some pictures later this evening.

Yes it is likely to need a service, I bought it with the intention of putting it on a bike about 5-6 years ago (maybe more?) and never got around to it because I sold the bike before getting the appropriate headset to fit a tapered steerer. Has been sitting in the shed since. I also wanted a fork I could extend to 120mm travel but this is an OEM fork and so not possible (at least that is what I was told).

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
I think that will fit this project nicely. Maybe the fact that it is OEM 100mm means that it doesn't have the spacer (which they normally come with and can be removed to make them 120). That's fine though as it's going on an old Anthem.

PJO

in me vL comy
My understanding with Manitou is that there are two sets of uppers for this fork and the set on this fork only allows for 100mm travel.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Hey @ausdb, I might have an older set of 32s that would fit the bill in the garage/roof/somewhere if your still looking (and @PJO and @4wdphil have settled and happy for us to tag on the back of this).

Reactions: PJO