Search results

1. Rorschach

Brake Pads

I’m sure this has been done before, but I can’t work the search on Tapatalk, so here we are… I need some new pads and rather than buying the stock Shimano ones, I want to try something new. I’m running TRP brakes, ride mostly in the dry and tend to drag my brakes a bit (a habit I really can’t...
  2. Rorschach

All-round/GRoad tyres for a hardtail

My Honzo is doing double-duty riding around with the kids, so I'm thinking of putting some less AM tyres on it - currently running DHF/Aggressor, which is very much not path friendly. Plan is to use it for some shirt-ish lunchtime outings round the river (instead of the roadie), pump track...
  3. Rorschach

GG shuts up shop

One for @komdotkom especially Guerrilla Gravity Appears to Have Closed Up Shop - Pinkbike
  4. Rorschach

Who's commuting?

After spending a day bunting around Rottnest Island yesterday on a crappy rental ebike, I'm wondering whether I can make the jump from using my car to e-commuting. My office is about 25km from home and currently takes me ~45 minutes to drive as the freeway is bloody awful. My question is what...
  5. Rorschach

Fitness for Mountain Biking

My fitness has declined rapidly over the last year, specifically after my third child was born earlier this year and spending a lot of time on a computer looking at spreadsheets. My aim last year of doing this years Cape to Cape has been supplanted with making my ebike battery last long enough...
  6. Rorschach

Frame Accessory Mounts

My new bike has a couple of mounts under the top tube I'd like to use to mount a tube etc. and look to go packless if I can without wrapping straps to my frame I've seen to the Wolftooth B-RAD version at $50 and the Granite Designs versions at about $30 but looks to be out of stock everywhere...
  7. Rorschach

TrEX-e Boy

If you didn’t play this in your head after reading the title, I don’t want to know you… Anyway… I’ve jumped on the boomer scooter wagon after spending too long walking my fat arse and my Prime up the hills, and riding with a majority of e-bikes I was starting to enjoy myself less and less...
  8. Rorschach

Full Fat or HiLo: an eeb conundrum

I've come to the conclusion over the last 9 months that my body isn't going to cooperate with my desire to ride a meat-powered bike so I'm (eventually) going to join the eebrigade. There are a lot of eebs out now and I want to try and narrow things down before I splash money down on something...
  9. Rorschach

Is this going to kill me? Thru axle adapter

I picked up a set of wheels from another 'burner and they've got a 20mm x 110mm axle I can buy end cap adaptors but they're exxy, but you can buy machined sleeves to insert into the hubs to convert the axles. Am I taking my life in my hands by using one of these? Or good to go? 20mm To 15mm...
  10. Rorschach

Frame-only Eeebs?

I've seen a bit around on this, but given a lot of people have fairly custom set-ups, why aren't there more frame-only ebike options? I figure a fair few people would be interested in picking up a frame with shock (and cranks) and then swapping their gear over Is anyone doing this other than...
  11. Rorschach

Training for multi-day races

The Cape to Cape was this last weekend over in the West and after doing the 35km version of the Dwellingup100 a couple of months ago, it's something I'd like to try and enter next year While I am in shape, that shape is approaching spherical so I need to work on my riding fitness Other than...
  12. Rorschach

Basic Home Maintenance Gear

OK, another thread from me A couple of years ago I got a basic Wiggle toolkit and while it's been OK, I've only used half of what is in there (as everyone said when I posted this thread) I've also busted some bits (I'm looking at you, cheap chain breaker) so want to spend some $$ on some better...
  13. Rorschach

Rors' non-theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

It's done! It rides well, I'm happy! Frame - 2019 Kona Honzo ST (L) Rear shock - N/A Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Bomber Z2 140mm Handlebars - Nukeproof Neutron, 25mm rise, 780mm wide Stem - Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm Headset - Works Angleset, -2deg Grips - PNW Loam XL - Tan Saddle - WTB...
  14. Rorschach

Living with a bike you're not sure on

Seems to be a few people having bikes they haven't 100% gelled with, so looking for how others have dealt with it I love my Banshee Prime, but I really don't think its the bike for me. The bike rides really well, and puts a smile on my face when I ride it to its strengths, but thats maybe 10%...
  15. Rorschach

Theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

Another thread that will likely not come to anything, but have realised with recent bike upgrades I have at least some of a new build (well forks, stem and bars anyway...) and have been thinking about putting together a bike to stuff about with the kids at the pumptrack on, but can also ride...
  16. Rorschach

The Battle for Manning Park

A good article on Flow about Manning Park near Fremantle. I have been following this vicariously through Facebook and a few groups I'm in as I live a couple of suburbs away and this is my 'local' MTB trails. The battle for Manning Park | One of Perth's few urban trail networks is on the brink |...
  17. Rorschach

Bars - Carbon vs. Vibrocore

So I'm getting a decent amount of wrist soreness when riding, and in conjunction with a longer stem (based on where I'm getting sore wrists), I want to look at trying some different bars out as I have some cheapish alloy Nukeproof ones Looking online, there isn't much in the way of 31.8mm Carbon...
  18. Rorschach

Becoming an EndurBro

A lot of guys here seem to do it, but I'm wondering how I can get myself into it. Is it as easy as getting more kms in legs, learning to fix a puncture and buying a full face? My brother-in-law has just bought an enduro rig and I'm keen to fit more riding in as it's a blast, but I can't find...
  19. Rorschach

60mm stems

Bit or a random one, but have been getting some pain on the heel of my palms when riding and think it is due to my reach being out. I've moved my saddle back and it sorts it a bit, but still need more stem length, particularly as I'm putting some longer forks on which'll bring the bars back to...
  20. Rorschach

Why you ride

I’ve really enjoyed spending time out on my bike in the bush recently and even though I don’t do many kms or jumps or anything, I really enjoy riding as it helps me clear my head and not think about what’s bothering me, and only concentrate on what’s in front of me. Helps me get some perspective...