Search results

1. Rorschach

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Another update a fortnight later Things are much as they were before - smashing through work at work to the point where I forget to drink my coffee while it's hot, or go for a piss for a few hours. Task tension is good and I'm not actively looking for distractions - like the biscuit fridge...
  2. Rorschach

Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

That reminds me, need to look at buying a pair of those Unparallel kicks
  3. Rorschach

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Psylo Silver R is coil sprung, Silver RC and Gold RC are air Listed weights: Silver R: 2.888kg Silver RC: 2.786kg Gold RC: 2.320kg Listed weight for a Pike Select is 1.778kg, which is a fair chunk of weight lost over any of those. Select+ and Ultimate are slightly heavier, but not much
  4. Rorschach

Brake Pads

I’m sure this has been done before, but I can’t work the search on Tapatalk, so here we are… I need some new pads and rather than buying the stock Shimano ones, I want to try something new. I’m running TRP brakes, ride mostly in the dry and tend to drag my brakes a bit (a habit I really can’t...
  5. Rorschach

Newly Released Bikes General

Thats cos you don’t hate that bit
  6. Rorschach

Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

I dunno, have you seen my line choice?
  7. Rorschach

While I would like to look like Val Kilmer this statement does resemble me.
  8. Rorschach

New Mondraker Dune looks interesting. I like the aesthetics of their bikes, and I reckon this or the Neat would be a hoot to ride if you had some decent downhills to hit. My riding is more undulating trail though so would be wasted on me. I also don’t think they have any e-bikes available...
  9. Rorschach

Simplon do a TQ version of the Rapcon as well, it’d be great to be able to get that out here - I reckon it’d be a hoot!
  10. Rorschach

Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

I got measured for my roadie and as long as the saddles are wide enough for my arse I seem to do OK. A Spesh Power Arc for my roadie, Phenom for the eeb (although maybe another Power Arc there too) and a WTB Volt on the Honzo seem to do quite nicely. The stock Fizik on my roadie was waaay too...
  11. Rorschach

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

What is ‘rain’? Can’t remember when we last had a decent downpour in the West - trails are all fucked where there isn’t any foliage to hold them together!
  12. Rorschach

Ebike Max Weight

My Fuel EXe has a max weight of 136kg for bike rider, and gear. Given the website says the bike weighs 20kg in a Medium, that puts everything else at 116kg. I reckon I'd be close to that geared up, or was a few months ago as I tend to carry 3L water. Interestingly, when you set-up the bike...
  13. Rorschach

Confessions from the fuckwits

I found using the app actually helps here - first time using it earlier in the week - and there are frequently discounts in there if you use and pay for your order through it. I got 20% off the other day, saved me $10
  14. Rorschach

Oh, a decent side effect is I've also dropped 3kg (so far) on the Dexy diet. Gym has been non-existent for the last couple of months and I haven't made any wholesale changes other than I don't seem to crave food as much as I did. A few people have commented, which is a boost to my self esteem...
  15. Rorschach

Another update, 4 weeks on the increased dose. I'm seeing a sustained increase to my focus at work and at home, and a bit more motivation for stuff. I can sit at my desk and churn through stuff for a good 2-3 hours before I realise I have to take a piss or something - I certainly take less...
  16. Rorschach

Yeah. Coming off the Northern side of the trail it was pretty hairy. I still love the trails - probably more so than Kalamunda at the minute tbh - but far out they need some water and trail fairy attention. The last few times out at Kalamunda, they're in better nick but they at least have a...
  17. Rorschach

MTB shoes

I've had them a couple of years when they went on sale, so possibly. They do look the same as the current ones though so they might be current? I'll have a look and see. Those ones Poods linked though are hard to go past!
  18. Rorschach

Or just hook into the Easter Eggs I haven't gotten to yet, before the kids do...
  19. Rorschach

Managed to get out to John Forrest National Park and have another go at the Noolbenger trails. GPS said 28km, but my last 2 rides have been 23ish so missing 5km somewhere! Windy as hell - the 2km ride to the trail along the rail trail was shit and took up more battery than it needed to! But, I...