Search results

1. DjMikey

Changing drivetrain

Hey everyone, my boy has busted his rear derailleur on his 09 giant glory, he’s running shimano zee shifter and deore xt deraillure. His shifter is not in the best condition either. I’m wanting to know, being a 9 speed, it’s not easy to find parts, I can however get sram x5 shifter and...
  2. DjMikey

Shimano mt200 brakes

Started leaking this week so should clean up ok
  3. DjMikey

Shimano mt200 brakes

Howdy all, My boys 09 giant glory has avid elixir r brakes on it at the moment, the calipers are leaking and I think the whole system needs a rebuild. Looking at rebuild kits it was cheaper to buy shimano mt200 brakes. So I’m asking, having purchased the shimanos, should they mount in place of...
  4. DjMikey

Maxxis hookworm tubeless

Riding with my kids we have a lot of thorns where we live. So sick of repairing/replacing tubes
  5. DjMikey

Maxxis hookworm tubeless

Hey all, as the title says, has anyone set up hookworms tubeless, I know they have wire beads, does that make it easier/harder to seat. mike
  6. DjMikey

26” DH wheelset

Front 20mmx110 boxxer maxel Rear 12x150
  7. DjMikey

26” DH wheelset

I am leaning toward the massifs but wanting the chance to buy something complete off here first. The massif colours kinda match the renthals and stansion colours too lol. Speaking of colours, does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy coloured brake hoses.
  8. DjMikey

26” DH wheelset

Hey all, I’m on the look out for a 2nd wheel set for my Norco, it has sun ringle single track rims as std, and they are wearing a nice set of maxxis dhr 2.5” tyres. I’m looking to add a set of hook worms to the stable for street riding with the kids. I’d love a set of mtx33 or mtx39’s with hubs...
  9. DjMikey

Bleeding elixir CR brakes

Hello all, I went to bleed the boys brakes today (as we aren’t allowed to do much else) and had no dramas with his rear elixir R, but he has elixir CR on the front, and I couldn’t get the fluid from Caliper to lever as per several instructional videos. Yes I made sure the reach and pad contact...
  10. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Brakes are now sorted, just chasing some wheels/rims. I’m really leaning towards the sun mtx33 or mtx39’s. would anyone have a set in 26” lying around?
  11. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Tyres are easy to get, wheels not so much
  12. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

I have never had an issue bleeding elixirs.
  13. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Let me know what you find
  14. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Lol that’s it, the mrs would kill me
  15. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Those wheels look alright, not bad price either. Might be easier getting them then finding a set of old mtx33’s
  16. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

I really like the hopes, but can’t justify the price
  17. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Reason for the elixirs are I have them on other bikes so makes keeping spares easier ( pads) etc. the Juicys work ok, but like the feel of the elixirs better. The Caliper/ pistons have been cleaned etc have had new pads and rotors and a bleed but don’t feel as good as the elixirs.
  18. DjMikey

Wheels and brakes

Morning all, I’m wanting to upgrade my old juicy 3 brakes on my Norco. I’m wanting to get a set of elixirs, as I don’t have a huge budget and can set them up pretty good. would the elixirs be on par with the sram levels in terms of stopping power. I use semi metallic pads in my bikes as I like...
  19. DjMikey

Sun ringle single track 26” tubeless

Another update..... the split tube, sealant and the mtx33 rims have been flawless since the install. I have had joes tubeless Schrader valves in my single track rims with gorilla tape and sealant and have not dropped any pressure in over a week. The tyres (Maxxis dhr) seated no problems and I...
  20. DjMikey

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

New bars and grips today. No hacksaw so still at 800mm wide. Old genuine bars were 680mm so a huge difference in feel. I love how the renthals almost match the front suspension.