Search results

1. fjohn860

Flakey/Flawed Physics Friday

Ever conducted a little (possibly flawed) physics/science experiment for fun, because you're bored or for your own sanity? Then post it here. Two of mine in recent times are: - grease slippery-ness test where I greased up the bottom of a weight on a flat surface attached to string that was...
  2. fjohn860

Second hand bike choices

Got a friend who is buying a bike for their son. Not a large budget and is currently looking at the above options.
  3. fjohn860

Syncros front trail fender

Anyone using one of these, if so how do you rate it? Also, I am assuming it will fit a Marz Z1..... Any other bolt on fenders that fit a Z1 that are worth a look in?
  4. fjohn860

Ode to CRC Octane One Zircus

Frame - Octane One Zircus Rear shock - Legs 11 Front fork - Society Xeno Handlebars - FMFXTR 90mm risers, 780mm wide Stem - Hussefelt 50mm Headset - Brand X Grips - Ergon GA2 Fats Saddle - WTB Volt Seatpost - ControlTech Carbon Front brake - Niente Rear brake - Sram Level T Cranks - Deckas 165mm...
  5. fjohn860

VIC Giant Cross City 4 and Apollo Ventoux

Items: Giant Cross City 4 Commuter and Apollo Ventoux road bike. Location: Geelong or Altona Item Condition: Both in pretty good condition. The Apollo has a couple of paint chips on the TT. Mostly lived in a garden shed. Chains would need replacing and possibly shift cables too. The road bike...
  6. fjohn860

FOUND (MADE) Syntace X-12 bike trailer thru axle adapter thingy

As above, I'm after a syntace x-12 compatible bike trailer thru axle. Some thing like a Thule one with either a nut or bolt to attach the trailer arm to. Item full name: Bike trailer thru axle for Boost hub 12x1.0 thread size. Thule or other suitable brand Location: Aus Price: Cheaper than new...
  7. fjohn860

Electric die grinder recommendations/experiences

Recommendations for an electric die grinder, it will be used for work mostly on super duplex stainless steel. Looking at a metabo at this point, have had 2 bosch ones but the collet nuts are the weak point and keep cracking as they are thin walled. Metabo GE 710 Compact (600615000) Metabo GE...
  8. fjohn860

**FOUND** Formula Selva Coil Spring - Soft (green heatshrink)

Item: FOUND. Formula selva coil spring - soft Location: Somewhere in Aus Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than new Extra Info: I have a super firm for swapsies. I thought I'd put a WTB up before purchasing from o/s. Pic for reference
  9. fjohn860

Prog Balance Bike

Frame - Custom 316 Stainless Steel - 1/2", 3/4" and 1" tube. Tapered headtube. Front shock/fork - T6 Aluminium steerer and crown. 316 Stainless steel legs. Handlebars - 316 Stainless steel flat bars 3° backsweep initially. Changed to 316 Stainless steel 75mm riser bars with 7° backsweep. Stem -...
  10. fjohn860

Society Xeno Air/RST Space DJ forks

Just picked up a cheap set of these budget DJ forks. Does anyone know much about them. I haven't managed to find any service manuals for them on the worldwide web. Do Fox 36mm dust wipers fit them? Going to give them a birfdy before fitting them to my Zircus and thought a new set of dust...
  11. fjohn860

RS Pike/Revelation (29er 2018+) stanchion length

As above. Does anyone have a 2018+ Pike/Revelation CSU that they could measure the stanchion length on. Specifically from the bottom to the top where the air top cap screws in? Only just did a lowers service a few weeks ago and didn't realise at the time that I would be wanting this...
  12. fjohn860

Stem 45mm long, 35mm clamp

Wanted to Buy Item: MTB stem Location: Geelong/Western Suburbs Price range/Willing to Pay: the lesser-er the better-er. Extra Info: 45mm length, 0°, black, 35mm clamp dia.
  13. fjohn860

190x51mm shock

Item: 190x51mm air shock Location: Geelong Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $160 Extra Info: something with rebound adjustment at the minimum.
  14. fjohn860

Rockshox Indy preload knob/cap

Super long shot but in the middle of giving an old set of indys a birthday to bring my first mtb back to original spec and missing one of the preload caps. Anyone got one laying about?
  15. fjohn860

It's only 3 inches... 2018 Transition Smuggler

Frame - 2018 Transition Smuggler Alloy Large w/custom chain-slap protector (EPDM squares underneath 50mm heat shrink) and crud flap. Rear shock - SR Suntour TriAir 3CR 210x50 (replaced the standard RS Deluxe RT) Front shock/fork - 150mm Rockshox Revelation 35mm w/DIY DSD Runt (JBAC), with a...
  16. fjohn860

VIC ***SOLD*** Fox Steel coil spring 450x3.25

Item: 450x3.25 Fox steel coil spring. Location: Geelong Item Condition: Used (ridden once) Reason for selling: Wrong spring rate. Fitted and used once. Price and price conditions: $45. Postage extra Extra Info: n/a Pictures: YES
  17. fjohn860

2011 Transition TR450 what is one worth today?

So, been thinking about freeing up some cash for other bike goodies. And been thinking about selling my medium TR450. Has had fairly light use over the years. Genuinely curious as to what you guys reckon it is worth/what I could sell for it for. Have seen some similar aged 26" DH bikes...
  18. fjohn860

Hardtail opinions

What are peoples thoughts/experiences with any of the below hardtail models/brands. Would be interested in which ones you feel are the top 3. Possible bikes in no particular order Giant Talon 2 Trek Marlin 6 Marin Bobcat Trail 3 Polygon Premier 5 Norco Storm 2 Merida Big Nine 100 Reid Argon...
  19. fjohn860

What trails are open around Geelong?

Any trails open around Geelong with the current Covid-19 restrictions? Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
  20. fjohn860

VIC *SOLD* Race Face Chester handlebars

Item: Race Face Chester 35mm handlebar Location: Geelong. Work in Altona so could be picked up from there. Item Condition: Good. Used for 6 months. Reason for selling: Wanted higher rise bars. Price and price conditions: $30. Can post at buyers expense. Extra Info: Uncut at 780mm. 20mm...