Search results

1. D

Number plates on bikeracks. Why do people make their own?

Living in Canberra I‘ve noticed a considerable amount of home made number plates attached to bike trailers. What is the reason behind this as surely when forking out hundreds or more on a bike trailer one can afford the additional $50 for a number plate? Not sure if the police actually enforce...
  2. D

Putting new bike in storage for 3 years?

Hi all, I ended up pulling the pin on a Giant Trance X Advance Pro 2 for $3,999 and am due to collect it this week. Lo and behold a Parktool spanner has been thrown into the works where on opportunity to go away for work for a few years has come up. I’ve spoken to the bike shop who have been...
  3. D

New bike time

Hi all, My b'day is coming up so have decided its time for a new trail bike. I've set a budget of 4k and have so far found the below two options take my fancy. Marin Rift Zone Carbon 2 Currently on sale $3,699: https://www.bikesonline.com.au/marin-rift-zone-29-carbon-2 Giant Trance X Advance...
  4. D

Replacing brake lever

Hi all, I’ve managed to submerge my left brake lever in mud and now it seems the cylinder is stuffed as the lever no longer comes back out. my brakes are the Shimano BL-MT500s so nothing fancy but until now they have been problem free for 3 years so don’t have any desire to upgrade them. problem...
  5. D

Small form drink bottles for smaller frames

Hi all, So I’ve got my wife a new bike which is her first dually and is a small frame and her drink bottle is a really tight fit. was wondering if anyone can suggest a good smaller formed drink bottle? Alternately if I could get a bottle cage that sits a few cm’s lower on the frame would also...
  6. D

ACT. Leaving bike rack on car when bike not being carried?

Hi all, I notice a lot of people in Canberra leave their bike trailers on their cars when not transporting bikes. Is this legal in Canberra? I could of sworn I had read it’s not allowed but can’t seem to find anything on it.
  7. D

This Giant sale looks sus in ACT.

This Giant on Gumtree looks a bit sus. Especially since it’s been spray painted.
  8. D

Best value ladies dual suspension MTB under $3000?

So my wife has started to enjoy Mountain biking so I was thinking of getting her a decent bike for Xmas. From browsing online I don’t mind the Canyon WMNS Neuron AL 6.0 which is just under $2600 delivered. She obviously won’t be able to test it out being Canyon but I don’t think that will matter...
  9. D

Cost to return shoes to Chain reaction?

Hi all, We have been looking at getting a pair of MTB flat pedal shoes for my wife but can’t find any locally available t even try on. I was looking at chain reaction cycles who have a pretty good range and they will let us return them if we get the wrong size. Has anyone returned anything the...
  10. D

Night riding thread?

Hey mods, Have you thought about adding a night riding thread at all?
  11. D

Soles wearing on flat pedal shoes

I decided to give flat pedals a go so purchased a set of decent pedals and some Five Ten impact VXI flat pedal shoes. I love riding flats and have learnt a lot from it but I’ve noticed the soles are wearing out pretty quick. I’ve had them just under a year and clocked around 500ks in them. The...
  12. D

Polygon Siskui T8 vs Marin rift Zone 3 vs 2017 Scott Spark 740. Canberra riding.

Hi all, I’ve been looking for my first duallie for a while now and think I might of narrowed it down to the Polygon T8 and the Marin rift zone 3. https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/polygon-siskiu-t8-dual-suspension-mountain-bike...