Search results

1. Cardy George

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I've mentioned it before, but the best system I've used so far was in a little Hyundai Kona. So when I received the Toyota I was expecting that level of functionality, it's a Toyota after all. Nope. The Hilux lane guidance is woeful. The AEB is also panics at it's own shadow, and there is just...
  2. Cardy George

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

So, no good at track stands then? ;) Many of my riding mates are very jealous of how long I can remain stationary.
  3. Cardy George

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

This is pretty small change in terms of the rest of what the rest of you are dealing with, but it's churning around inside my head, it needs to come out somewhere. I have a constant battle going on for my services. From everyone. So many people want so many things from me. Driving home from...
  4. Cardy George

Blind rider saying hi

It's all good! Hang around this forum long enough, you'll see where I'm coming from ;)
  5. Cardy George

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

They are, well spotted! Jean-Claude has been amazing both times I've dealt with him so far. When I ordered new bearings last year, he remembered me ordering the correct end cap the year before. Even if they can just send me a shell. Probably the cheapest, easiest way.
  6. Cardy George

Was just looking. They went on my Procaliber (the orange one) in September 2020. Puts them roughly around 10,000km. I was running Mavic wheels on the orange bike as well, but couldn't get a Mavic 12sp freewheel when I got the Supercaliber. While NBD is always welcome, I like the way Evie...
  7. Cardy George

Wasn't the pawls. Fuck.
  8. Cardy George

Spotted in the wild
  9. Cardy George

XC Fairlight has arrived....

Moisture. Mois........ture Moist......ure. Nope, you've beaten me. Is that, like, wet stuff? We had a good rain last weekend, but that was the first since before Christmas
  10. Cardy George

But amazeballs! Worth every cent.
  11. Cardy George

Discovered a hub full of neutrals Two days in Bright, 200 meters ridden on dirt :mad::(
  12. Cardy George

Newly Released Bikes General

Dunno bout that. I had a Coomie KOM that was faster than the pair of them.
  13. Cardy George

Blind rider saying hi

Can confirm the modern 29er geometry is much much nicer. I was worried when I bought my first 29 because the last MTB I'd ridden before that was 26. No concern was warranted. Oh, when new bike day does come, save some coin and don't bother with a dropper post ;)
  14. Cardy George

What might have been......

Got a few moments. Leanne at Macca's when we were 15ish. Super sweet on each other but neither of us actually did anything about it. Can't remember her surname now to even start looking her up. 100% the basis of my mindset of giving everything a go so there are no "what if" regrets later in...
  15. Cardy George

Mystic MTB - Bright

Me too, just gets annoying stopping every 3.5 minutes until you get your bearings
  16. Cardy George

Mystic MTB - Bright

Are they working on the signage? I managed to get "lost" trying to follow a trail every time I've been there.
  17. Cardy George

Horses for courses. Don't know where you live, but around these parts Calthrop/three corner jack is rife, to the point of using slime in my road bikes tyres just to get to work. This time of year is the worst with the grape trucks dragging everything out of the blocks and on to the roads.
  18. Cardy George

Mystic MTB - Bright

Exactly, great way to finish off the day and exactly why I stay in Bright when all my work is either side of Myrtleford. It's just no better than anywhere else I've been. Unfortunately the last two trips in a many weeks have had no riding at all.
  19. Cardy George

Mystic MTB - Bright

Them and the tree harvesting has cut the park in half. Can't get from one side of the park to the other without going thru some kind of no go zone. Can't comment on the downhill stuff but it's no better than anywhere else I've ridden.
  20. Cardy George

Ok, you're on your own with that one my brother!