Search results

1. Scotty T

ACT Small/Med half decent MTB wanted in Canberra

Hi all, a friend of mine posted this today, so I'm sharing it around to see what might be available from the RB Canberry community.
  2. Scotty T

Stromlo to charge for parking

Official announcement: https://www.stromloforestpark.act.gov.au/about/news-updates/news/paid-parking-at-stromlo-forest-park Excellent meme:
  3. Scotty T

David Blucher injured badly at Stromlo

Legend and personal pro photographer to all Stromlo riders, David Blucher, was hit by a rider on the weekend and suffered a spinal injury, he has undergone surgery and waiting to be been flown to Sydney. I'll post some updates here as they come in, including a Go Fund Me that Mic from Dynamic...
  4. Scotty T

Do a wheelie!

I think this is my new fave Danny vid:
  5. Scotty T

Northshore Betty

I hope I can still ride at 73...
  6. Scotty T

Exposed by a Strava KOM - great long form story

This is fascinating and worth the read. Apparently was even a pro downhiller. You have to read it to the end. It will take a while. https://cyclingtips.com/2022/04/exposed-by-a-strava-kom-the-many-lives-of-a-fake-pro-cyclist/
  7. Scotty T

Crankworx Cairns

Shouts to Hambo for the hot tip. https://www.crankworx.com/news/crankworx-world-tour-sets-course-for-australia-in-2022/
  8. Scotty T

ROAD Marin Muirwoods

Frame - 2022 Marin Muirwoods CrMo Fork - Marin steel moto-blade (?) Handlebars - FMFXTR 90mm riser cut from 780 to 720 (Ram Cycle Parts) Stem - Marin generic Headset - FSA No.8B Grips - Marin generic Saddle - Marin generic Seatpost - Marin generic Front brake - Tektro M275 180mm Rear brake -...
  9. Scotty T

Sold Diamondback Ascent EX 1989 frame fork and bits 57cm TT C2C

Item: Diamondback Ascent EX 1989 frame, fork and part Location: Canberra Item Condition: Scrapes and scuffs, a bit of chainsuck, no dings, no cracks, much of groupset is cooked Reason for selling: Excess to needs Price and price conditions: $100 Extra Info: Nice example of this rare bike which...
  10. Scotty T

ACT [FOUND] 22.2mm to 31.8mm handlebar shim

Item: 22.2mm to 31.8mm handlebar shim Location: Canberra Item Condition: Working Price and price conditions: $10-20 Extra Info: Need to fit a BMX handlebar to a 31.8 stem. Can't find anything in stock in Aus, hoping somebody has one kicking around.
  11. Scotty T

Single speed to geared conversion

I am pretty sick of spinning at dog knows what ridiculous cadence on my tiny cranks on my single speed e-cruiser, it has provision for a cassette so I'm planning to convert to use the old 8sp shifter I have on the Mongoose and upgrade its shifters (left one is damaged but only need right for...
  12. Scotty T

STOLEN 2012 Avanti Torrent 1 - Canberra

A mate's mate had just started riding and had the old bike at his, got robbed last night and they took the bike. Bog standard except grips (now black lock ons) and some low profile ebay flat pedals I got from @Haakon and the plastic bottle cage, Truvativ Hussefelt 50mm stem, Maxxis Ardent 2.4...
  13. Scotty T

Pedal kickback

Really interesting article: https://m.pinkbike.com/news/why-you-shouldnt-worry-about-pedal-kickback.html I've never really noticed it. I've ridden variations of Specialized FSR, Trek Full Floater, VPP, DW and the Banshee one. The latter 3 all feel similar as did the 4 bar variations.
  14. Scotty T

Stolen and recovered bike in Canberra

My mate who owns the Banshee I have on loan broke his hand again commuting to work about 6 weeks ago, which is why I currently have the bike. He left his Norco Charger bike at his work near where he stacked, Defence HQ in Canberra, as he had to get to the hospital, it was a nasty break. It got...
  15. Scotty T

Look out Pit Viper...

Yolo swag as the young kids say. https://www.nopeetstore.com/
  16. Scotty T

DJ Kazza daughter of Bazza

Czar (pronounced Kazza) is the only child of Barry 2. She was left with me after Bazza headed north, then south in search of someone who was game enough to build and ride him. Her frame was found cheap on Facebook and is a frame from a trials company that discontinued them, it's incredibly well...
  17. Scotty T

Sold Fox Spring 550x2.29 suit older Fox Vanilla

Item: Coil for older early 2000's Fox Vanilla and possibly other shocks, measurements below Location: Canberra Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Replaced with heavier Price and price conditions: $30 shipped Extra Info: Would have been lucky to have done 500km Length: 128mm Outer diameter...
  18. Scotty T

The saga of the recurring puncture

Our friend who bought the Electra cruiser e-bike has been loving it, until a few weeks ago when she got a puncture. I told her this was standard stuff, and went over and patched it for her. She rode the next day, another puncture, right near where the first one was, I had correctly aligned the...
  19. Scotty T

ROAD 1983 Repco Superlite

My second time capsule find, and first road bike I've ever owned. This one came from my uncle who owned it since new, I recall staying at their place when I was a kid thinking it was such a cool bike and now it has been handed down to me to restore. I believe everything except the chain is...
  20. Scotty T

RIP Paul Begg

Sad news today hearing that Paul Begg passed away on Tuesday after a 4 year battle with cancer. He and his identical twin brother Nigel were MTB heroes of mine back in the 90's. I only met him a handful of times, Paul was just a lovely bloke, may he rest in peace Here's the cover and photo...