Search results

1. A

Importing a USED eMTB from the US

I wish! Wouldn't get it past the minister of family planning.
  2. A

Yes, great idea, which I also tried. I reached out to every Spec dealer in Vic to see if they had customers with said bike that were looking to sell, also emailed head office and had a mate who knows a Spec sponsored eMTB racer ask, etc. No luck. The few on sale around the country over the...
  3. A

What made you decide to e-bike?

Old thread, but my take... ... I've ridden MTB since the late 1980s and have always been fairly fit. These days, early 50s, young kids, running a business, renovating a house, etc, life is just too bloody busy. I came to the realisation that I just could not get enough hours on a bike to have...
  4. A

Definitely not being coy about specifically what bike. However, its irrelevant, as I wasn’t aiming for a conversation about alternatives that might be more cost effective here. I knew there are very sensible alternatives! This purchase wasn't about being cost effective, rather was targeted for a...
  5. A

Whistler! I did 2 seasons on Blackcomb back in 1989/90 and brought my first MTB back on my flight home. Alas, life 30+ years on will not allow me that freedom ;-)
  6. A

I thoguht of that, but no, unfortunately. Unless of course there is a Burner coming home to Melb from Sth Cali that'd like some cashola for their efforts!?
  7. A

Hey burners. I'm exploring my options for bringing a used eMTB in from the US. Yes, there's going to be some pretty high cost penalties in doing that, but it's not a bike I can find here in Australia in the exact version, size, condition. So it's really just a bit of an expensive treat to...
  8. A

Where's Creaky?

Thanks all. Too many replies to tackle each/all. As mentioned in the orig post, its at the back of the bike. Nothing to do with BB, cranks, pedals, headset, etc. So I had a play tonight and did get it it replicate. If i grab the lower pully on the derailleur and gently move it in/out a mm...
  9. A

Where's Creaky?

So I have a phantom creek that is making my bike not enjoyable. Details: 2017 Ripley LS Oval chain ring SRAM XX1 derailleur (assume same age as bike) Creak coming from the rear of the bike and roughly in time cadence (i.e. not what gear, not wheel/speed, not suspension movement) So far, to no...
  10. A

Ironhorse SGS rebirth

Hi all. Long time! I have a chance to buy this bike back off the person i sold it to back in about 2007/08. Apparently it's still in pretty much mint condition. What do you reckon it'd be worth today?
  11. A

WTB: Hub & Rims

Looking for a few particular parts to help finish a rebuild of my 1998 Specialized FSR Pro. Hoping someone has a hidden stash! Location: I'm in Melb Price range/Willing to Pay: Open Item 1: Formula 36h 135mm oldschool QR rear hub Extra Info: The front hub is already a Formula Edco 36h alloy...
  12. A

Fox Fork Fluid

Hi gang, About to service a circa 2004 fox 100 RLT fork. Specs say to use 10W red oil. I have loads 10W (edit 20W) gold for my newer forks. Can I substitute and if so how?
  13. A

Mt Zoon Carbon Bars Snapped - Replacements?

Brakes, pedals.... I don’t ride it close to its capability and they work... so no issues here (other than that carbon bar). Goes and stops fast enough for me ;-) Though in all seriousness... yes... have considered a brake upgrade and these are my first flats ever (first mtb in 1989 with toe...
  14. A

Just to finish this post off.... the Ripley is Spanked!
  15. A

Thanks Moorey. You've been a help this and many times in the past! Matt (who I believe is member here) has the bars on the way to me already and was a total legend to deal with. Hopefully back on the Ripley by Thursday!!
  16. A

Thanks again guys. Going to order something alloy today. Quick Q... never liked the 710mm bar width. Thinking to go 760-780mm. If I change nothing else (ie stem) and to keep overall riding position, Going the 50-70mm wider bar should I go a slightly higher rise?
  17. A

Thanks guys. Had no idea they were a cheapie bar. No pref carbon or alloy and not too worried re cost. Just don’t want a bar to break again! Running a Renthal stem so might just go the same in alloy.
  18. A

Hi all. Playing with the kids at home today, pulled up on the bars to accelerate towards a jump and the bar snapped on the inside of the brake mount. Came pretty undone, face plant, only bruised, but thankfully didn't happen on the jump or at landing speed! Bars are Mt Zoom Ultralight...
  19. A

FOUND - Sram 9 Speed Trigger Shifter

Thanks Morey (and Glen1529 re the shifter clamp). The proceeds of your help can be seen below and much appreciated. Wife currently out on the first ride. Havent heard from her, so assume its all going well (or else she's walking back home unhappy)! Edit: She's home and happy!
  20. A

Suspension Setup Sag/Travel

I get the sense that makes, but its not what Ibis describe (sit in normal rising position) and not what most videos I've seen describe. I.e. most are seated for rear, attack for front. Wouldn't in your scenario, if you have rear sag set when you are weighted 3/4 forward, mean when you sit to...