Search results

1. Bobby_Digital

Help me revive my old bike!

Hey Everyone! I have been off my bike for a few years, I want to get back on but it needs some TLC and I have been out of the bike world for too long and need help trying to work out what to do and what I need. It's a 2008 (i think) Pivot Mach 5.7, I bought it off here back in 2013 I bought...
  2. Bobby_Digital

WTB: marzocchi V-brake mounts

Item: Marzocchi V-Brake Mounts Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: not allot Extra Info: the forks are 04' exrs, there been sitting in my room gathering dust after buying them on here a couple of years ago. putting on XTR v's (replacing the LX's i used on my old forks)...
  3. Bobby_Digital

peugeot carbon bike how much?

Hey! i have a carbon peugeot frame road bike my brother gave to me and said i could sell it if i diddent want it. i do want it but it's just to small for me. i have a friend who wants it but i just dont know what it's worth? it's getting old now but has not been ridden in quite a few...
  4. Bobby_Digital

why did you buy that bike

i have noticed alot of people (kids mainly) riding bikes that really are not what they should have got. around camberwell i see heaps of kids on mega $$$ kona d/h bikes and always seeing ppl ride DJ bikes and most the time they look like they never have seen dirt. im guessing most of it is...
  5. Bobby_Digital

bike upgrade question's

im slowly fixing up my bike over time. i have over the last few months changed the v brakes from LX to XTR, change the forks and headset etc and in the future i would like to change the frame. the bike is an old Shogun (thats it laugh away) Slickrock LX - it's one of the older style ones...
  6. Bobby_Digital

to fat for carbon?

just curous, a few months ago i was looking at some new bars for my xc and i asked the guy at the shop about the carbon bars they had, he said that i would be to big for them. im 6ft5 and 120kg so there would be quite a bit of me bouncing on the bars. would i have a problem with them...
  7. Bobby_Digital

HFX-9 question

been serching the site and the web to find out about this but cant find anything (even in hayes manuel) my missus picked up her new bike the other day (finaly!!), it's got HFX-9's on it, the rear works fine but the fronts dont, you need to pull the leaver in all the way before they get to...
  8. Bobby_Digital

XC bike for my missus

hey everyone, im looking for a new pushi for my missus, she wants to spend about 1k. the only bike that i have found so far thats light and has good componetry is the giant XTC3. there were a few other bikes that she has liked but there been DJ bikes and not really good for what she needs...
  9. Bobby_Digital

wanted: seat post clamp

What:Seatpost clamp - something good quality Price range/Willing to Pay: $40odd Location: Melbourne Extra info: seat say's 30.6 so im guessing thats the size :S thanks :D
  10. Bobby_Digital

speedplay frogs

is there anywhere in aust that sells the frog's? i tryed to track some down many years ago with no luck, i think it's time to upgrade and i want to try these and the egg beaters out. my knee's dont like the SPD's thanks for the help!
  11. Bobby_Digital

BMX forums

does anyone know of some good aussie BMX forums at all? im trying to track down a bike my bro used to ride years and years ago, the company is not around any more but i want one of the bikes. the bike was a Crisp, him and his friend/boss used to race them thanks for ya help!
  12. Bobby_Digital

changing front to SS

hello :D at the moment i have a LX groupset on my bike and i wanna chage the front to a single gear, is this easy done? and what would i need? i wanna keep the gears on the back if possible or will this put to much wear on the chain and cassette when it's in the top or bottom gears...