Search results

1. safreek

Fox 36 id help. I have tried fox site :-(

Hey peoples, would anyone have any idea what year these forks came from, I have had a look at the fox site to no avail. Obviously they are 36s and have a tapered steerer. The best my shitty eyes can make out with numbers are 366804. 0002 ? Needing to buy an axle Cheers for any help
  2. safreek

Balfa BB7 wickedness

Ok, so the frame has taken shape. I thought there would be many trips down to the bike shop but low and behold I have done it all by myself. I thought getting the right chain line and aligning the gears may have been a drama due to the weird chain set-up but all good. Going to have a crack at...
  3. safreek

Rock n roll lube, what's better

Ok, just recently I have been riding in the wet and have been noticing the chain is getting surface rust on the inside after a day or so. I am assuming this is not normal as I have not experienced this before. I use rock and roll extreme lube fairly frequently but it obviously does not stay on...
  4. safreek

Found, thanks

Item: RS vivid/ cage spring 8.75 x 2.75 5- 550 lb Location: lismore will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: sensible Extra Info: needing a spring to suit a vivid 8.75 x2.75. 500 or better yet 550
  5. safreek

Yeah, I should of checked my bikes. Thread closed

Good ebining
  6. safreek

Balfa minuteman

Minuteman in largish size. Revelation race fork XO brakes XO shifter and X9 derailleur 721 rims on hope hubs All seem to be running fine, just need to index the gears and life will be good. Would certainly swap it for a shiver:) if you lived closeish to me
  7. safreek

NSW Found

Item: usable coil shock, 8.75 x 2.75 coil no need for piggyback. basic vanilla is fine Location: NSW, will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: sensible. not out to spend big brass, can swap some old shit you may need Extra Info: just after a basic working shock of appropriate size, it's...
  8. safreek

AM Balfa belair. Yeah baby

Picked up a nifty bike the other day, a belair from way back. It has crossmax sx wheels Revelation to Fox rear of some kind XO brakes XT crank Unfortunately the derailleur and shifter don't work very well so will be pulling the Gemini apart for gears. The bike seems to ride well apart from...
  9. safreek

NSW 1.5 to 1 1/8 headset

PHP: Item: reducer headset Location: lismore, will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay:?? Extra Info: looking for a reducer headset, hoping to beat the cyclinic new price so second hand is fine. The crown race would be handy as well. I may have some old shit to trade Yes, it will fit a...
  10. safreek

29r levo, it's not mine, really

Well, the first 29r has hit the freeky household, and electric. FOR GODS SAKE, SOMEONE SHOOT HIM. My partner has finally decided to hit the MTB lifestyle with me, but due to a lack of riding fitness has decided an ebike would be the go. He has had a couple carpark rides and seems to be getting...
  11. safreek

Julius sumner-miller

Why is this so. Have been doing a bit of roadying on my mountain bikes and have been surprised by the Strava figures. Slowest to fastest bikes in order of photos, mind-blowing which is the fastest
  12. safreek

Fox 38 performance leak

Hi guys, looking at a set of 38 performance forks, they leak at the bottom. I am clueless (in general) about these forks so no point inspecting them. Would this be something major that is a common problem or a seal problem. I know it's a big IF that I am asking but any ideas would be helpful...
  13. safreek

QLD Sold found all sorted. Toodles ooh

Item: 26 inch fork, ss Location: between lismore and toowoomba Price range/Willing to Pay: up to 100 Extra Info: Seeking a fork I can pickup tomorrow. QR or 20mm, as long as they bounce up and down they are fine. Probs need 190ish steerer. Not shy about brand of fork Need to be able to pick up...
  14. safreek

Finally, hit em up. A tale of possible justice

So it appears the coward that slaughtered poor ol Tupac has been busted. Woo haa. And a song of celebration for you.
  15. safreek

Light bars, whats the whack

Hey fellows, gals and non-binary. Going to get a light bar whacked onto the mighty Renault , just wondering what the bare minimum is I would need for countryside night driving. Double row or would I get by with single row. 20 inch or is 40 inch bar necessary. Also minimum wattage that may be...
  16. safreek

Softride post/mast

Hi guys, just wondering about this beautiful bike. Are these carbon springy bits actually safe to use after the many years it's probably been bounced around on. Cheers
  17. safreek

Flappy paddle hose change

Ok fellas, foolishly I have bought some integrated brake/gear shifters. As it turns out the rear brake hose is too short, just wondering if I need special attaching items for the lever/hose as I assume the caliper olive barb set up would be the same as a normal Shimano attachment. Any info would...
  18. safreek

NSW Found, sold. All sorted

Item: cheapo brakes Location: lizzo will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: around 50 would be great, :eek: Extra Info: ok, looking for your shitty castoffs, don't mind if they are Clarke's or temu brakes, fuck me, I'll take working Hayes 9. all that I ask is that they work and have a...
  19. safreek

The Gemini project

Started with the frame but finally got off my arse to start getting it going. Z150 freeride fork, 729 wheels with hope front and xt rear hub. Deore brakes, sweet Xt cranks. 3 quarter finished, woo hoo It's a medium but unfortunately I think it's going to be too small, GRRR. Who wants to...
  20. safreek

NSW Sold found

Item: as above Location: lismore, will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: cheaper than 79 dollars Extra Info: any brand will do as long as it works. Giving it until Monday then I'll buy new