Search results

1. D

The bike industry crisis

I've listened to a few podcasts with industry peeps, big problem was that everyone massively increased supply during COVID (responding to increased demand) and then demand collapsed and they're left with huge amounts of excess stock, hence the big sales. It's pretty hard to sell your 2024 stuff...
  2. D

Cracked Carbon Rim

Thanks for all the feedback. Does anyone know if the "carbon doctor" in Deloraine (Tasmania) is still in action?
  3. D

Cracked Carbon Rim

It's a Nextie rim. Never had issues before. Pretty sure it happened because my tire went flat (whole other story)
  4. D

Cracked Carbon Rim

Do I have any chance of salvaging this or am I stuffed? It's leaking air but maybe I could tape it up heavily? Sand it back and fibre and resin? Just throw it in the trash?
  5. D

Focus Bikes..Any good?

My local bike shop got into them in a big way the last couple of years. He's had good things to say, no issues that I know of. Don't like they've gone for cables through the headset in the newer bikes, but they seem solid.
  6. D

TAS SOLD - Geometron G16 - longest (located in Tassie)

Motivated to sell here, open to reasonable offers
  7. D

OP here. Still keen to sell :( I would say that the G1 is fully sick (pic below), however the issues that it's fixed with the G16 are so minor that it's not a big deal. I definitely had a brain fart buying the new frame, it was an extravagance that in hindsight I didn't really need!
  8. D

I'd absolutely say you'd be surprised at how it rides. I've got a mate who's very much a medium in everything and he's ridden this and started to go longer and longer on his bikes.. A few years ago this would be way longer than anything available in Australia, and now I've gone to the next size...
  9. D

I'm pretty motivated to sell here, as I need money for house renovations. I could throw in a front wheel, a spank handlebar and a seat as well as the cranks, you're halfway to a complete bike! Put on a second hand lyric, some Deore 4 pot brakes and a 10 speed groupset with a 50 tooth cassette...
  10. D

I could never work it out exactly, but around 60 degrees. That was with the short shock set in the long shock position and a mullet. Absolute demon down a hill and around corners. Surprisingly good going uphill. The front end was so slack that it had serious issues with "flop". I actually...
  11. D

I'd love to try a dual crown fork on the Geometron. My mezzer is good though, can't complain about it. Here's a couple more pictures I found to show what a weapon the G16 is. Depending on how you setup the shock you can run it insanely slack, or just a little bit slack, or several points in...
  12. D

Thanks, first post, hopefully now fixed
  13. D

Item: Mojo Geometron G16 - longest Location: Burnie, Tasmania Item Condition: Used, but great condition Reason for selling: Upgraded to bigger bike - need money for renovations Price and price conditions: $3000 $2500 with Fox DHX2 Extra Info: EXT Storia available for more $$$...
  14. D

Tyre refusing to seat - any suggestions

Or would silicon spray work better than soapy water?
  15. D

No need to deflate, as it never inflated! However, I reckon the tube with the soapy water might work, I'll give it a try.
  16. D

Hi all, I had a Goodyear Tyre that I'd bought cheap online that I could absolutely not get to seal properly, it was quite frustrating. Added extra sealant and everything, I could identify where the air was leaking, but it wouldn't stop. Ok, onto Plan B. I found an old Minion SS tyre on my...
  17. D

New geometry and consequences for bike fit

I think the obvious solution to having your bike not very comfortable in the flats is not to ride on flat ground!
  18. D

I find a higher stack puts less weight on my hands and definitely helps my back. My front end is so slack that I don't have any issues with traction and weighting the front end.
  19. D

When I first got the G16, the outrageous head angle was super low to the ground. Felt similar to the evo. Once I went to slightly less outrageous settings it went fine. Running the 29er in the front lifted it a bit, and 29 front and rear lifted it a lot. That combo felt great, but maybe not...
  20. D

I feel like if you had the actual steep SA, but a much longer reach and a slightly higher stack that should be best of both worlds? Climbs well, but fix the comfort problems?