Search results

1. F

Video game addiction study

Hey all, A friend of mine is conductining a psychology thesis study on video game addiction. This is an area that has been largely unresearched so anyone that participates is taking part in something that could impact greatly on the field of video gaming. If you're a gamer (or just...
  2. F

Keep getting PUNCTURES!

Hey all, Have recently moved to Port Melbourne and been enjoying the convenience of commuting to uni (RMIT city) on my roadie. I also work in Port Melb and ride to work (choice between 2min ride or boring 15min walk). The only problem is I keep getting f****n punctures! The office is located...
  3. F

Good locks?

After the untimely theft of my agent I've felt motivated to get a DJ bike and have one lined up that should be arriving within the month - nothing too fancy, a Norco Havoc with aftermarket road tires and marzo forks. Just wanted to know what lock is gonna protect my baby and what stores in...
  4. F

Melbourne - Freeagent Maverick

My late 90's Freeagent was nicked from out the front of my place in St Kilda. Thief must've cut the cable lock and grabbed it on Saturday afternoon (17th September) - not the greatest security I know but I didn't figure anyone would go to the trouble for such a basic bike. The bike is a 20 inch...
  5. F

Felt Sector 24 vs DK General Lee 24

Curious about which bike would be the better option for general urban riding, short commutes and maybe some piss fartin' around at the skate park? Seen the general lee at more stores, generally no more expensive that $450. The sector is about $100 more expensive but does look a little more trick..
  6. F

5.5 frame?

Hey all, am considering purchasing an '04 Kona Stuff because I've seen a secondhand one advertsied relatively cheap, haven't been able to look at it in person yet but the guy told me the frame size is 5.5. Being about 180cm tall I generally need a large framed bike would a 5.5 be big enough?
  7. F

Project BMX some ideas..

Been thinking the General Lee 24' is the way to go for my next bike but it might be a while before I can get together the $450 odd required (pov student syndrome). Have been thinking that I could start to get individual parts and in doing so can actually come up with something a bit more...
  8. F

Large BMXs

Put the question out there about good choices in freeride/hardtail MTBs a couple of weeks back, thanks for the thoughts all those that replied. Since my budget is pretty low ($700 or less) the idea came up of getting a fairly delux new BMX. Anyone recommend a good BMX, particularly one with a...
  9. F

Getting started in the scene, any pointers?

Been getting back into riding over the past 12 months, just one of those things, used to BMX heaps as a kid and since getting my motorbike felt the compulsion to do it again so picked up a cheap Freeagent Maverick for short trips and such. Obviously a BMX is kind of limited when it comes to...