Search results

1. stirk

Black mould in camelbak...

2. stirk

Little Things You Love

Camping and we can see half the planets in the evening sky as the sun sets with the full moon rising. Pretty sky tonight. That's Jupiter. I was too busy enjoying the moment when the sunset colours were the background to take photos!
  3. stirk

Why you ride

@Rorschach I agree with you on a reason to ride a MTB in the bush, it's just so calming being around nature while shutting off the mind and having some healthy fun. Some people can apparently meditate sitting cross legged on their arse but for us it's riding. It's been a very wet winter where I...
  4. stirk

What does your day look like?

Pfft, who needs brakes on the rear when you have engine compression braking which works better.
  5. stirk

Drawings dicks on the herald sun

Don't need to overthink this one...
  6. stirk

Little Things You Hate

@Haakon The old security guard would be happy today. https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/10/23065412/apple-ipod-touch-canceled-discontinued
  7. stirk

Little Things You Hate

Fuck Covid and the long lasting cough it's given me. I've not gone for a ride for over a month and I'm suffering withdrawals! With all the rain it's not been a great summer to ride anyway but I still got out there anyway because it's still fun to ride and get muddy. And now my right knee...
  8. stirk

Little Things You Love

I'm lucky enough to hear the boobook, aka mopoke around this time of year when it's cool and they are calling for mates. I listen to their call as I fall asleep, it's an awesome sound to zone out on. While I've never seen the elusive boobook I do come across the tawny frogmouth every now and...
  9. stirk

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

That was so funny!! Laughing my arse off :D
  10. stirk

Little Things You Hate

So many scam texts lately. The errors in this one should never have passed the scammers quality control office, amateurs!
  11. stirk

Little Things You Love

Tshirt on floor face
  12. stirk

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Buy an old NA diesel car mate, problem solved. Fuel economy stays almost the same regardless of load and any notion of travelling at speeds above 90kph is just a wet dream unless going down a steep hill and you coast in neutral.
  13. stirk

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Most taste like breakfast juice so crack one or two in the morning and enjoy your day off. As a home brewer I can confirm the costs to produce beer rises exponentially with ABV% and the hop content and also the amount of shiny stainless steel used to create the beer. Cost per can is relative...
  14. stirk

Little Things You Hate

Psytrance?! That electronic music genre, if you can call it that, is as bad as your grammar and spelling. An ok but weak choice to scare the potential buyers. I would have gone for some of Richard D James, or Thomas P Heckmann tracks to really throw everyone off kilt.
  15. stirk

Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

I have trees above my shed so it gets loads of crap coming in, if you have no trees it probably won't be too bad, just insects crawling in. You can get foam inserts to match the wall and roof sheets from the hardware which can help a little.
  16. stirk

Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

Nice one! Looks like a similar quality to mine. Is it all sealed up? I wish I had sealed the roof and floor of my shed before I filled it with crap. There are gaps too small for mice to get in but the insects/spiders/lizards can wiggle in and make a mess so I need to pull everything out this...
  17. stirk

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Personally I'm looking forward to going into the city office from next week. I miss the food available in the city, not so much the people and their BO.
  18. stirk

Confessions from the fuckwits

Haha and when it stops raining and the sun comes out you wish it will start raining again,!
  19. stirk

Confessions from the fuckwits

What brought me here? I'm riding my wife's stationary trainer with a large cushy saddle a few times a day rather than my mountain bike. I'll probably purchase a road bike next... I'll also confess for her, she bought this trainer at the start of Covid and has never used it!