Search results

1. rangersac

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Any locals know more about this? Or is it just another 'they're a bit special' in Queensland story?
  2. rangersac

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Yep, it is a sweeping statement, although it's one that's been well documented (for example, and its consequences), and I totally agree with your point about lawyers and union hacks. My wider point/ opinion though is that a lack of parliamentary diversity is not a good thing for democracy as a...
  3. rangersac

Jackie Lambie Network (JLN) is an unknown given they've never been in state politics, and even at a federal level have never been in a position to play king maker so the relevance of using them as an example of how minority governments don't work is lost on me. And whilst I don't agree with...
  4. rangersac

The only minority government between 07 and 15 was the Gillard/Rudd government from 2010 - 2013. All others were majority. And as @Tubbsy noted the Gillard government was actually pretty functional despite Abbott crying incessantly about stopping the boats and $200 roast lamb dinners The other...
  5. rangersac

Frankly most of the candidates for the two majors are a bunch of arsehats so I get why Taswegians are looking for alternatives. I also don't understand why there's this idea in Australia that minority governments are bad, they seem to manage just fine with them in Europe. Of course in a minority...
  6. rangersac

Little Things You Hate

I've probably taken this the wrong way, but I don't reckon it's super appropriate to be having a crack essentially stating that cyclists who ride on shit roads are irresponsible, during the consideration of an event for which all the evidence suggests that a driver has killed an innocent person...
  7. rangersac

What might have been......

Similar story to an old girlfriend of mine. We were together for a couple of years at Uni, but I ended up taking a job in the Antarctic with the Brits and called it off because I didn't want to deal with the long distance stuff, and wasn't sure that it was a forever situation. Whilst we were...
  8. rangersac

Little Things You Hate

I think my favourite bit of random aggression I've had was riding home one day I saw a mate in his car coming the other way, so I flipped him my best military salute with my right hand from the brim of my helmet. At the same time a P plater passes me heading in the same direction, and 200m up...
  9. rangersac

Electric Vehicles etc

Err, you can get it here. I've seen a couple on the road in Hobart. Except it's more like $27K USD
  10. rangersac

Delivery of Uberbike brake pads knocked back

That is the only thing that makes logical sense, but given bike brake pads are a dime a dozen everywhere it seems highly unbelievable that these particular ones tripped the red flags
  11. rangersac

Delivery of Uberbike brake pads knocked back

Interesting one and a potential warning here. One of my mates grabbed some Uberbike pads from their e-bay store. Checked out fine but a few days later he got a message from e-bay saying shipping was prohibited because they are a restricted item. I've never had any issues with getting stuff...
  12. rangersac

Little Things You Hate

I'd take a fruit free hot cross bun over any of these abominations. But yes fruit is a must.
  13. rangersac

Derby in Tassi

Plus Deadly Bugger, Hazy Dayz, the whole group of trails around Derby Lake, the Derby to Branxholm connector (ok not really a MTB track, more of a gravel ride) and the Blue Tier to Swimcart Beach descent. There's probably some more I've missed. Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  14. rangersac

Derby in Tassi

Trying to staff a business there would be a killer now. All of the affordable accommodation has been converted to AirBnB, and hospo wages come nowhere near to covering rental costs. Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  15. rangersac

TAS Sold - Thread left open for Antarctic discussion, or until Mods close it

Nah not me. I've been at sea bouncing between different vessels, not enough internet coverage and kit for such frivolities! Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  16. rangersac

Work Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  17. rangersac

I'll take the last pair if you are happy to hold until the week of Feb 26 as I'll be back from Antarctica then Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  18. rangersac

What does your day look like?

Not exactly a heap of sail trimming to be done Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  19. rangersac

TAS Found XT/ XTR 12 speed shifter bar mount

Sold, will be in touch Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  20. rangersac

TAS Found XT/ XTR 12 speed shifter bar mount

Item: XT/ XTR 12 speed shifter, bar mount or just shifter body as I can reuse the clamp Location: Hobart, happy to pay postage. Alternatively got a rellie coming down from Melbourne early next week who could hand carry Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than new. Extra Info: My current XTR 12...